Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

After installed Home Hub 5 my wireless speed drop to 10MB! please help

Go to solution

Hi there.....

I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I got my Home Hub 5 today to replaced my Home hub 3. Once I installed the home hub 5 all my wireless device has dropped to 10mb!

I don"t know what else can I do coz I tried resetting the home hub 5 and change all the setting on the home hub 5 but still only give me 10mb!

Can anyone please help

Kit Kat

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: After installed Home Hub 5 my wireless speed drop to 10MB! please help

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi thanks for the repled.

I tried changing the channel to manaul and tried all the channel but no good sight at all. my wireless connection still at 10mb : ( any more advice?

thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I have no other advice, other that what is posted on those threads. Its more likely to be a computer/wireless card problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Did you try giving the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies different SSids as suggested in the links that Keith posted?

Have you checked that you computer's network card drivers are up to date. Use the card manufacturer website not Windows which can be out of date.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Hi there.............

I have solved the problem why the speed has dropped down to 10 mb on wireless device!
For anyone in the future that upgrade to the home Hub 5 I will like to mention the reason so they know what to do:

Once you installed the home hub 5 , turn it on and add wireless device to it . When you open the browser on your wireless device Bt home hub will pop up the ' parental guide ' page for you to set up . You can set it up or click do not want it then it's will go back to the main web page !
Because some of us who use apple device such as iphone don't use the browers and use the apps so didn't know that .

So once you went through the parental guide page your bt speed on your device will went back to full speed !! All my wireless device went back to normal around 50 mb !!

I hope the above statement will help who ever going to upgrade to home hub 5 soon and will notice why the speed drop so much and what is the reason for it and don't need to mess around with your home hub channel coz just the simple parental guide set up page need to finish the setting !'

Kit kat