Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UrbanPKMonkey
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Afternoon and Evening Congestion issues - Internet unusable

Go to solution

Hi all,

Another one here with issues with possible congestion from 3pm-12am. Now I am not usually one to moan but I rely on the Internet to work from home and having calls with clients over the Skype. I live on a reasonably new estate where I am surrounded by hundreds of houses and all competing for internet. I have had these issues since moving in over 2 weeks ago and BT told me there was an issue outside of the property. The engineer came out and said nothing was wrong, and all was ok. Since then I have called BT and they still stipulate that there are no issues with the connection. I have been running regular Speedtests on my PC and this is the same time everyday which led me to beleive it is congestion.

My exchange is Exchange BOURNE is served by Cabinet 18

1.jpg

After running a speedtest this is the result

2.jpg

Please can you let me know if you can help at all?

Regards

Ian

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Afternoon and Evening Congestion issues - Internet unusable

Go to solution

It would appear that you are suffering from congestion during peak times. BT Wholesale should be aware of it and will working on a fix. This can take a while. BT Customer Service will not see any problems on the tests that they run.

Now that you have run the speed test diagnostics you should not run anymore as the last one is recorded on the system which helps BT Wholesale see that there is a problem. 

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 3

Re: Afternoon and Evening Congestion issues - Internet unusable

Go to solution

Hi @UrbanPKMonkey,

I would agree with @gg30340 and it does look like your connection is affected by congestion. It might be possible to move you to a less congested path. If you send me in your details I'll be able to check this with BT Wholesale.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings