cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Again BT try to rip off its customers.

After 2 misselling complaints which have been upheld i cannot get peace from BT. The last time we had a complaint we got new equipment that BT said was going to solve all of our issues but of course this was nto the case. the equipment as stated by their own engineer is very old and not that good to start with. The fact that we were made to sign up for 5 years makes things very unsettling for us as the equipment is **bleep** to put it in plain English.

So we get a sales rep giving us a ring saying he can come out and see what our problems are and help us.

Ill cut as long story short but he suggests a new setup which we are not too sure about but we srder to be placed. The other director thena couple of days later decided to tell me they were possibly leaving the business and did not wish to sign up to another long tearm contract with i agree with. We told the sales rep el the order before anything was deliverd but that was ignored. The thing we got was he wanted to come out and talk to us before stopping the order. I spoke to someone from the team dealing with booking the instillation a couple of times and told them that upon second thoughts we did not want the equipment.

Sure enough the equipment still arrives, not a shcok i guess and the sales guyt is still trying to come and turn the sale around. We have been firm and not signed a contract as we are unwilling under the curcumstance to put ourselves at BTs mercy for another 5 years.rather ridiculous person from Bt ringing me and saying you want to cancel or not?. I explaiuned we said this before the items were delivered for the new system but were ignored. She explains there maybe a cancillation charge because we had the equipment delivered and someone booked in engineers. I didnt think that pressing a couple of buttons on a computer could be so expensive. They want us to pay over £300 for cancillation

Are Bt seriously that dumb to try to charge £300 for nothing?. Well i ahev the equipment which Bt will not get back until this charge is lifted. This is the way you treat people i am not suprised more people than ever are dissatified with your service. You just cannot warrent a £300+ charge no matter how hard you try

Anyone reading this thinking about going to Bt i would think again very hard before even talking to one of their sales reps they will rip you off

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Again BT try to rip off its customers.

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

If you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

If you are running a business, then you have no consumer protection legislation.  You are expected to read, and understand every contract before you agree to anything, taking legal advice first if necessary.

If the contract says that there is no option to cancel, then there isn't any option to cancel.  If the contract says there's a penalty for cancelling, then you have to pay it.  If you don't agree with that, then say no.  Don't agree and then change your mind.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 9

Regarding being ripped off,  I took out a new broadband contract, carefully selecting "no TV", and now find I have continued to be charged for TV which I had on my previous contract, which is completely unacceptable. I have conatcted customer services but they keep saying they will call me back but they have not.

This is sophistry and daylight robbery and I'm not going to stand for it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

BritTelecom_is_

You have been offered help for your problem on the other thread you have posted on so hopefully you won't need to stand for it.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Cancellation-of-Service-but-still-being-charged/m-p/13494...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

I did not sign a contract, no nothing so i guess it is BT ripping off clients again

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 7 of 9

A contract does not necessarily need to be signed to be enforceable. Did you agree verbally? Then there is a contract on both sides. If BT does not abide by its side of the agreement then the contract can be set aside.

Stew
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

if business customers then contracts should be in place and signed, with both parties having copies - without this, it's hard to enforce a contract

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

@walkerx wrote:

if business customers then contracts should be in place and signed, with both parties having copies - without this, it's hard to enforce a contract

It's not hard at all if one side recorded the call.

0 Ratings