cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bensaunders1973
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

AirPlay has gone missing

up until last week I have been using AirPlay on both my iPad and iPhone, to watch Bt Sport on Apple TV.

However, the AirPlay button that usually shows at the bottom right of the video just isn't there anymore. 

Is is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

thanks

Ben

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Jedlina
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Re: AirPlay has gone missing

Yes Ben, same here. Since ios9 only way to use AirPlay is mirroring which is a pain as it skips frames so it's pointless to watch on TV via Apple TV 😞
Can BT sport update their app please so AirPlay is compatible with new iOS?
Thank you Sarka
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

I have tried raising this issue on this forum , via Btcare and the bt.com website - to date there has been scant response from BT.

0 Ratings
Andygoz
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

i have raised this with bt they say they are aware of the issue however they want more people to report it.

ridiculous. Just requires a fix and an update on itunes store.

GET ON WITH IT BT

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 10

Hi Guys,

I am very sorry about this.  I have highlighted your comments to our BT Sport App team.  I will post any update on this issue here on this thread.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Andygoz
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

I notice there is a bug fixes iTunes Store update to btsport app today. Has anyone tried airplay since? Hope it has resolved the problem not had chance to check yet
0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 10

Hi @Andygoz,

Sorry for the delay in getting back here with an update.  

Regarding this issue, we don't believe this to be a BT issue. If you download the latest version of iOS (9.0.2) then in most cases it seems that the icon reappears in the player. That said, it should still be possible to Airplay using the control panel  just swipe upwards.  This can be a bit fiddly in some apps. It is important to remember to have the mirroring switch set to off for Airplay to work – otherwise you will just see your app screen on the TV.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Andygoz
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Nope control center doesn't work. It airplays a still image to screen and then stops. It's either a bt issue or a issue with Apple after ios9

There isn't an AirPlay icon on live content, used to work perfectly hasn't done since ios9.
0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 10

Thanks for confirming Andy,

I will feed this back to the App team but at the moment we don't believe this is a BT issue.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

It should be a BT issue if Airplay does not work with IOS 9.0 , 9.0.1 and 9.02  on IPAD as 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44489/~/setting-up-the-bt-sport-app

lists

Apple devices running iOS 7.0 or later

&

iPad second generation (2011) or later

as a combinations that have been tested.

0 Ratings