cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drdba
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

All Neighbours Can Order BT Infinity/Fibre - but I cannot - Why?

For several years now I have been waiting to order BT Superfast Broadband.

I have "registered my interest" countless times - never had any response.

Today, not for the first time, I used the Openreach line/address checker here - https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx

When I enter my postcode and my house number - and hit the "GO" button - it returns "We are exploring solutions".

However, if I do this using the house number for every other house in my street - almost all of them return "SUPERFAST ACCEPTING ORDERS".

I know that the local exchange (Kingsmead, Bath) is Fibre/Superfast enabled.

I know that the nearest street cabinet (16) is Fibre/Superfast enabled.

What I don't know is why I am not able to place an order for Fibre/Superfast.

I believe that the BT Moderator can get my number in the database updated - so that I can place an order.

If this is true - Please do this or let me know what process I need to follow in order to do this!

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: All Neighbours Can Order BT Infinity/Fibre - but I cannot - Why?

What cabinet does the Openreach checker show for your address, or better still, telephone number?

Is it the same cabinet number as all of your neighbours?

Just because 16 is the closest, doesn't mean that's the one you're connected to.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
drdba
Beginner
Message 3 of 21

When I use the checker on my house number - it does not return a cabinet number.

The street concerned comprises a terrace of 12 properties (several sub-divided into flats) - our property sits (approximately) in the middle of the terrace.

The Openreach checker lists cabinet number 16 for the properties either side of mine i.e. my immediate neighbours - is it likely that there would be an entirely different cabinet just for my property?

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 21

It is possible you have an exchange only line but until you can enter a telephone number into the checker we won't know.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 21

Do you not have an active phone line?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
drdba
Beginner
Message 6 of 21

Well, using the landline number returns the same information as using my postcode & house number - and you would appear to be correct - for some reason I would appear to have an Exchange Only telephone line - or at least I assume that the "EO Line" element returned by the checker signifies "Exchange Only"?

Exchange name: Bath Kingsmead
Exchange status: Fibre enabled
Cabinet number: -
Technology: Pending - EO Line

What options are available to me in these circumstances?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 21

Pretty much Zero if you really are on an EO line.

Unless there's a records issue, in which case, if you're a BT customer, the mods may be able to ask Openreach to investigate.
0 Ratings
drdba
Beginner
Message 8 of 21

"Unless there's a records issue, in which case, if you're a BT customer, the mods may be able to ask Openreach to investigate. "

Which was my original request when I posted in this forum...

So, how do I request that the moderators do that?

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

You can't, we can and I've done it for you.Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 10 of 21

Hi @drdba,

If you're on an EO line we currently will not be able to provide you with our FTTC service since you aren't connected through a cabinet. We can double check it for you to make sure that the routing is correct. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It may take us a few working days before we are able to get back to you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings