cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 14

All Set Up!

Well I'm all set up, with the Openreach /r version 2 modem and NETGEAR R7000 along with the MK2 faceplate.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=xg0jue&s=8#.U2Kj3fldWio

I put the username to bthomehub@btbroadband.com

And the password to bt, then updated the routers fireware. I'm using a 1M cat6 ethernet cable from the modem to the router and a 2M cat6 cable from the router to my laptop. I'll post some speed tests in a couple of weeks so it can get used to the Openreach modem from the HH5.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: All Set Up!

@GeekOfBroadband wrote:

Well I'm all set up, with the Openreach /r version 2 modem and NETGEAR R7000 along with the MK2 faceplate.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=xg0jue&s=8#.U2Kj3fldWio

I put the username to bthomehub@btbroadband.com

And the password to bt, then updated the routers fireware. I'm using a 1M cat6 ethernet cable from the modem to the router and a 2M cat6 cable from the router to my laptop. I'll post some speed tests in a couple of weeks so it can get used to the Openreach modem from the HH5.

Looking good so far, bud. 🙂

What are your initial impressions of the router?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 14

Well the set up was good, im getting a faster speed on all wireless devices and even on my laptop which is wired it seems more snappy.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 14

@GeekOfBroadband wrote:

Well the set up was good, im getting a faster speed on all wireless devices and even on my laptop which is wired it seems more snappy.

That is good news. 🙂

Mind you, with the R7000 having a dual core processor, it does have a but more "omph" than your average router, so it's unlikely to be stressed as easily under heavy loads. 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 14

The R7000 keeps disconnecting from the internet when know one is using it by the looks from the router logs, if I change the connection mode from idle 5 minutes to ALWAYS ON should I have this issue?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 14

@GeekOfBroadband wrote:
The R7000 keeps disconnecting from the internet when know one is using it by the looks from the router logs, if I change the connection mode from idle 5 minutes to ALWAYS ON should I have this issue?

Hi mate,

Change the connection mode to Always on - That's what I have with mine and no probs whatsoever, here. 🙂

If you have it set to 5 mins idle then it will DC after that amount of inactivity, which could affect your IP profile, if there are too many connects/disconnects.

See below for a screenie of the settings I use. 🙂

R7000 config.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

I bet you take that thing off some sweet ramps, bro.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 8 of 14

The router disconnecting will not affect the IP Profile as long as the modem maintains connection.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 14

@pippincp wrote:

The router disconnecting will not affect the IP Profile as long as the modem maintains connection.

No, but sometimes the reconnect forces a resynch.

I know that with my other router, the WNR3500L, if you changed some settings in the web UI, then that would force a reconnect of the PPPoE connection.

Not going to try it now, to prove/disprove my theory, as I have no need to tinker. 😛

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 14

Thank you 🙂

0 Ratings