cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

All data says Infinity is available - BT says not!!!!

Despite BT's customer service selling me a BT Infinity package several days ago BT have just informed that that it is not available in my area.

According to the BT website availability check it is available for me number.

According to the Openreach when and where checker my exchange (Fulham) is 'accepting orders'

According to the BT Broadband availability checker at www.dslchecker.bt.com my cabinet (37) has availability

So can any explain what the issue is and what BT arent telling me when they refuse to connect me? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: All data says Infinity is available - BT says not!!!!

does availabilty checker show FTTC speed greater then 15mb?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

It shows up to 61 down and up to 20 up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 7

It is possible that there are no spare ports on the cabinet.

Openreach should be able to tell you what the problem is although it may take up to 7 days for a reply.

nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I had thought of that as I had that problem years ago when switching to O2 broadband.

It is very poor that in central London they dont have enough capacity to serve demand and yet carry on advertsing.

Quite tempted to write 'no it isnt' on the big sign on my cabinet that says Infinity is available.......

Have emailed Openreach, but if there are no ports available how long is the wait.....?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 7

@PhilJW wrote:

I had thought of that as I had that problem years ago when switching to O2 broadband.

It is very poor that in central London they dont have enough capacity to serve demand and yet carry on advertsing.

Quite tempted to write 'no it isnt' on the big sign on my cabinet that says Infinity is available.......

Have emailed Openreach, but if there are no ports available how long is the wait.....?

Unfortunately that is the same as asking "How long is a piece of string?"

I could of course be totally wrong about no spare ports and it could be a BT database error on the ordering system.

At least when Openreach get back to you you will be better informed and better placed to seek a resolution.

Update us when you get the reply.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Will do.......hugely frustrating!

0 Ratings