Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

All4 App issues? Power line issue?

Hi,

My YouView+ worked fine when wired directly to the router. I have since bought a broadband extender flex 600.

I originally had an extension plugged into this which caused occasional distorted picture on channels like comedy central, bt sport, etc so I removed the extension from the extender.

It seemed okay but now I am having an issue while watching the All4 app, usually after watching a program for a while it shows the loading screen and the shows an error message saying there is either an issue with my internet connection/bandwidth or their servers (I assume not their servers as happens a lot)

I have since started using the same app on my Xbox 360 over wifi with no issue so I assume it is the power line adapter.

Any help/tips? Maybe some configuration settings I can tweak.

Real shame the YouView doesn't come with wi-fi connection, I have no problems whatsoever streaming full HD over wifi on all my other devices.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: All4 App issues? Power line issue?

The new BT Humax box seems to be very picky about how it is routed to the hub. I have my hub upstairs but only have a single CAT 5 cable running downstairs. I was using a TP Link access point as a WAP/switch downstairs but the BTTV box refused to connect to BT Sports. I replaced the TP Link with a redundant HH5 also just acting as a WAP/switch and all is fine. I can only assume that the QoS or multiplexing or something is different in the TP Link.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: All4 App issues? Power line issue?

The TP Link is not passing the multicast packets that are needed for Internet delivered content.

0 Ratings