Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KennyR
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Allowing BT Fon access.

To permit other people to use my Hub to access the the net via BT Fon or BT Openzone,do I have to remove any passwords from my hub.I know of a couple of people who don`nt mind using other people`s hotspots but are reluctant to allow access to theirs.For me,if you are happy to use others hot spots,you should allow access to your own   Kenny

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Allowing BT Fon access.

I've never heard of anyone removing any passwords from the Home Hub to allow other people to use Fon.  Can you explain what you mean?

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 3 of 6

BT Fon/ BT openzone (now being called BTWifi) is transmitted by bt home hubs along with your own private wifi. Yours and the BTfon/BT Openzone are completely separate so the public can't access your personal network.
To enable to BT Fon you will need to register on the BT Fon Website.
Your personal wifi ssid may look like BTHub3-XXXX and should be encrypted. If you have BTfon enabled then a home hub will also transmit BTFon and BTOpenzone-H or BTWifi-with-Fon and BTWifi (BTWifi is the new brand name)

Hope that makes sense

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
KennyR
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Basically,what I mean is that I don`t have to take any action to allow others to utilize my hotspot,but since I have opted in,I believe that happens anywayCat Very Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Provided they have registered with the new BT wifi service, or have paid for access.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@KennyR wrote:

Basically,what I mean is that I don`t have to take any action to allow others to utilize my hotspot,but since I have opted in,I believe that happens anywayCat Very Happy

I think I misread your original post.

If you opt in to Fon, your hub starts broadbasting two new unencrypted wireless channels for other people to log in to.  Your home network stays just the same, and you keep the same password.

0 Ratings