Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walace58
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Allowing all family members on one account to use BT wifi app

Go to solution

I am the account holder and my BT and email use the same username/ email address and passwords, so entering one of these in btwifi app allows me to access hotspots.

However my wife only has email/ password and BT wifi app will not connect using these, is this correct?

If so does my wife need to obtain a btid even though she does not need access to all the account details etc.

This would also apply. if I gave email addresses to other family members etc?

thank

Brian

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Allowing all family members on one account to use BT wifi app

Go to solution

Primary sign-in details are required to access the hotspots. You can provide your service to other mobile users without them learning your account details by entering the details in the BT WiFi app yourself, where they will remain hidden. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
walace58
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thankyou.

Pity the instructions from BT are not written for ease of information. Unfortunately people are not taught how to be good technical author and remember that their audience need to know all the steps. In other words know their audience and put themselves in the shoes of the reader.
0 Ratings
mike-l
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

You are soooo right. It makes me weep that so many people get paid to write stuff that just confuses those of us who need to rely on their instructions. However, as we all know, it is not the fault of the author, but that of the quality checker. Personally I only read the manual as the next but one last resort. Help desk being the last.

0 Ratings