Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jameshopper
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

Almost giving up

Hi,

after being cut off 5 times on the 0845 customer services number for tech support and waiting 18 mins on the 0800 number, I'm nearly at the stage of giving up with infinity and forcing a move back to my previous provider. Hopefully, someone reading this from BT may choose to resolve my issues (which would be nice!!) 

Since installation, i have had constant disconnection issues. Virtually every single day (sometimes more than once per day), I've had to reset my home hub 3 completely, including resetting the openreach modem. Every so often, for no apparent reason, the broadband light switches to orange and my internet connection is lost. What bugs me is that there doesn't seem to be any reason - yesterday it occured around the time of an incoming call, but then also yesterday (and today) it was just me logging on to the computer.

Two or three calls now and I've been told after a line check that there is an issue at the exchange. This has apperently been resolved, but then yesterday, someone in the India call centre did another check and found that lo and behold, there was a fault on the line at the exchange. Apparently, there are loose wires (how the heck can they see if there are loose wires from India???). Anyway, promised again that this would be escalated and fixed today and a call back would be made. 7pm and nowt, along with an intermittent line.

If anyone from BT is reading this, please see what can be done to fix this as it's starting to border on incompetence if after fixing the fault at the excahnge, there are still loose wires....

An unhappy James

17 REPLIES 17
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 18

Re: Almost giving up

Hi jameshopper,

I can see that you have sent an email in, we should pick it up shortly.

Cheers,
Chris
BT Moderator Team
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 18

hi james,dont belive the classic line "theres a fault at the exchange"
sounds to me you need a new modem. christopher will sort this out for you 🙂
Q. There is smoke coming out of my open reach box... so can I have a new one.
A. Sorry sir, The fault is showing at the exchange so your box should be ok.
BRING BACK UK CALL CENTRES!!!!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
sco0bz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Every time anyone calls Indian tech "support" they always say there is a fault at the exchange without fail!

Now I have never seen a BT exchange, but from the amount of faults they seem to suffer, I'm picturing something like this:

Seriously though don't bother phoning support - its a total waste of time.

Message Dean the moderator - much better service!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 18

Yes , but that exchange has still got to be upgraded to 21CN WBC yetSmiley Very Happy

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Bandulu
Contributor
Message 6 of 18

.....and BT tech support trying to connect you to the internetz :]

tech-support-funny-cat-pic.jpg

0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 18

please dont get tech support upset...otherwise they will send out tech security!

216842_196091333780204_100001380166146_505192_5170299_n.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 18

Sorry james for taking over your thread, hope the mods can sort it out for you.

let us know how you get on.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
jameshopper
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

no probs,

i just wish i knew why they consistently blame the exchange. I just can't see what benefit it brings them. If the connection is still intermittent after even one visit to the exchange, you'd surely be looking to blame something else, and the end user hardward seems the most likely. The hardwar should be built to such a spec that if the connection goes down and then comes back up, it automatically reconnects. If it doesn't and it takes me to reset it alll (and a connection then does follow), it is extremely unlikely to be the exchange...

James 

0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 18

hi james.
it is not the exchange. BT india read everything from a script.they have not got a clue,and one of there fav quotes is "there is a fault at the exchange" i think you will find that the modem will try to re-sync in most cases.but it doesnt always cure the problem.
0 Ratings