cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jameshopper
Beginner
Message 11 of 18

Re: Almost giving up

yeah, get that sicknote, just don't get why. BT must realise by now that they're pi$$ing more people off by using the same old excuse and obviously not getting the problem resolved (as it wasn't the exchange in the first place).

fobbing people off with a made up resolution is just getting to get people's backs up when it doesn't get resolved.

And still no word back from BT - including no new router promised to land on my doorstep this morning...

James

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jameshopper
Beginner
Message 12 of 18

Well, am now at the stage where I am trying to give up - but seem unable to do so. Spent hours waiting in today for an engineer visit - made it perfectly clear on the phone to the advisor that I was unable to do a full 1-6pm slot due to other commitments (a hospital appt for my son) and as such would be about from 3-6 (actually worked out to be 2.30-6). Waited the entire time and not a single phone call from the engineer - despite receiving the confirmation sms. Contacted cancellations as to be honest, BT seem completely unable to resolve any issues. They sent a new home hub 3, but the issues seem if anything to have got worse - my connection now drops at least twice per day at which point i have to reset everything, starting with the modem, then the router. 

Got through to cancellations only to be told that as I'm in contract (only 1 month old Customer), I'd have to go through the faults manager. Spoke to them and they were insistent that I wait to find out why the engineer didn't turn up, so will call bck tomorrow morning. I don't get it!! Why would I care why the engineer didn't turn up. As far as I'm concerned, what matters is that the enginerr didn't turn up, I don't care why.

Forgot to mention the 50 minute phone call!!

Uneliable, unresponsive, unable to listen. So far, that just about sums up my experience of BT Infinity and it's services...

James

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 13 of 18

Have a look at the last post here. I know that last comment applies to all ISP's.

The 2 previous posts can be adapted to apply to any ISP also.

0 Ratings
jameshopper
Beginner
Message 14 of 18

Not quite, I've been with other providers who have provided a good level of service - I wouldn't want to tar every ISP with the same brush as BT.

@ 10am I was due a call to have resolution - 10am has come and gone. It's no surprise to me that there was no phone call....

James

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 15 of 18

When referring to the last post there I meant if you wanted the same information. I know you would be given it as I am the Admin who made the post.

It cannot be given here.

0 Ratings
jameshopper
Beginner
Message 16 of 18

Thanks Pip, may well take you up on the offer. At the moment, I have had a very nice chat with one of the guys on the tech services who has actually shown a great deal of remorse for the issues and the lack of communication/ resolution. He's currently investigating and will get back to me within th next couple of hours. After that deadline, I see no option other than to go with your suggestion.

One of the difficulties with BT i have found is the inability to communicate internaly. The tech adviser told me that without closing the ticket there could be no cancellation, but in order to do so, he would need to close the ticket first and then go through to cancellations (me phone directly). Unfortunately, with no faith in BT, It'd be just my luck that cancellations would say no, in which case I'd be left with a closed ticket and have to start the process all over again.

James

0 Ratings
jameshopper
Beginner
Message 17 of 18

Well, it has finally come to the stage where I have now emailed the CEO. It is ridiculous how such a company can deal with it's Customers.

I had my engineer visit this morning who told me very learly that the issue did not lie with any of my equipment and was most certainly to do with things on the BT wholesale end, profile, exchange or cabinet. I received my follow up call (a first) and found that I was in the process of having a new home hub 3 sent out. 

Somewhere betwen te engineer leaving and Bt wholesale got invloved, it appears that the diagnosis has altered and the issue does lie with the second homehub that cannot resynch itself after the connection drops. What I fail to see is the reason why the connection drops at all..... and this seems to have been lost on all at BT.

So, after much to-ing and fro-ing between myself, tech services and Customer options, I am no further forward. Thus the email stating my very clear disatisfaction to Ian Livingston. 

It's about time the company started looking after it's Customers rather than fobbing them off with excuse after excuse.

James

0 Ratings
deathaxe
Expert
Message 18 of 18

It seems that the home hubs suffer from disconnects.

When I came back to BT last year the v2 HH I was sent was disconencting like crazy and so I ditched it after a few days and went back to my 10 year old trusty Belkin.

See if you can borrow a cable router and hook that up to eliminate the HH.

0 Ratings