cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
remoteliving
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Already have BT account, property has been rebuilt, now need physical connection

I own a property that was destroyed by fire some time ago. I had a BT account before the house was destroyed and - fearing that BT would charge me a massive reconnection fee at some point - I have kept the account active and paid the rental fee every month. The replacement house is nearly finished and I want the phone reconnected, probably with a BT service and BT broadband.

So, to summarise:

1) I already have an account with BT, including a phone number.

2) The telephone line still exists, but stops on a pole about 10 metres from the house. So, obviously phone is not in use.

3) I want the telephone line reconnected to the house.

4) I want to start using the phone, probably 4 weeks from today.

The problem I think I have is that although I already have a BT number, I cannot be contacted on it. Nor do I need a "new number" as such. How should I go about ordering BT to reconnect the phone line?

At the risk of muddying the waters, in addition to the existing phone line, I would also like another, separate phone line with a different number to be put in so that I can use it to take/make occasional calls for a small business I have.

Thanks

Dan

EDIT Apologies, this is probably the wrong topic in which to post this kind of message. Moderators, feel free to move it to a more appropriate place...

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Already have BT account, property has been rebuilt, now need physical connection

Its Openreach that deal with the external network if its damaged or missing, but if you report the fault to BT, they should be able to arrange a visit from Openreach.

If its actual damage, then you will need to use this form.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/submitFeedback.do?contactReason=remove_relocate_external_networ...

As for the second business line, you will have to request this via BT Business sales.

http://business.bt.com/

You are not allowed to use a residential line for business use.

0 Ratings
remoteliving
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Already have BT account, property has been rebuilt, now need physical connection

Thanks. Have reported line fault with an explanation of the problem as my first step. I have received an automatic email suggesting a VOL012 fault. Let's see how it goes.
0 Ratings