cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Alternatives to Bt Infinity Data Extention kit?

Hey guys, my family and I have recently moved alot of the devices in our house around, such as Xbox 360 and as such have to connect wirelessly. We are currently using "powerline" which is like a 1/2 wireless 1/2 wired connection, but it doesn't quite cut it to a complete wired connection.

I rang up BT yesterday and asked them how much it would be to install the Data extention kit, only to find out it's £205! which is absolutely ridiculous.

What other alternatives do I have now to make my connection fully wired? Please help 🙂

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Alternatives to Bt Infinity Data Extention kit?

This should be long enogh for most needs Smiley Wink

Run it between the Active NTE fitted by BTOR and wherever you want your HomeHub then connect your other devices using shorther patch leads

DISCLAIMER: although I work in the industry I do not work for BT and any opinions given are purely my own.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

You could have the master socket moved if that suits you better. I had mine moved upstairs at no cost when the engineer did the install, as the stuff I want hardwired is up there.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Thankyou for the replies guys 🙂

I would buy a long ethernet cable however, it would be really messy and impractical so I don't think I can go that route.

Do you know how much it costs to move the master socket :3 ? Also, I don't have a telephone socket in my room, which is where I want to move the hub, does moving the master socket involve changing an existing socket, becuase I wouldn't have that option 😕

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I'm sure there's an official charge.

The unofficial charge (depending on how receptive the engineer is) is generally taken as tea,biscuits and if you're feeling generous bacon butties 🙂

DISCLAIMER: although I work in the industry I do not work for BT and any opinions given are purely my own.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Do you already have infinity installed?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Yes I do.

0 Ratings