cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 26

Re: Alternatives to the Home Hub 5? Something with a full "proper" suite of options and se

Bear in mind the Billion 8800NL doesn't have 5G wireless.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 22 of 26

Re: Alternatives to the Home Hub 5? Something with a full "proper" suite of options and se

The stability issue was fixed a couple of firmware releases ago & since then the DSL connection has been stable. I think others can confirm that.

As for the power drop I need to look into that.

0 Ratings
tomcat_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 26

indeed i noticed that...2.4ghz range doesn't seem to be better than HH5 either...

Td-w9980 and 8800nl  have similar price, the billion has the bandwidth monitor but w9980 has probably better wireless range....

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 24 of 26

@licquorice wrote:

Bear in mind the Billion 8800NL doesn't have 5G wireless.

Or gigabit ports I believe. Also wireless range may be low with no external aerials.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 26

@tomcat_ Screenshot of LAN stats available on the 9980.

lanstats.jpg

0 Ratings
tomcat_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 26

@licquorice wrote:

@tomcat_ Screenshot of LAN stats available on the 9980.

lanstats.jpg

Thanks

This is what i have in mind:

http://ec2-54-202-251-7.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:8080/AdaptiveQoS_Bandwidth_Monitor.asp

and

http://ec2-54-202-251-7.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:8080/Main_TrafficMonitor_realtime.asp

DSL-N66u seems like a reasonable price but not so sure what success stories people had with BT infinity. Also I'm hearing that the latest firmware update has reduced the wireless power at the big brother model AC-68U and i'm wondering if it is the same at the 66u

0 Ratings