cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Am I Eligible for BT Sport

Okay, so I am a BT customer with Vision, Broadband and phone. I'm also a Sky Sports subscriber through the viewing card. Not so long ago I contacted BT in order to subscribe to ESPN but was told that it wasn't available in my area (neither is BT Infinity).

Having done a bit of reading, it's my understanding that BT Sport will only be made available to BT Infinity customers but this service isn't available to me in my area. However as a BT Broadband customer, I should be able to watch BT Sport online. Am I understanding this correctly? Does anybody know how customers like myself - who can't access BT Infinity - might be able to view BT Sport on BT TV from August?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: Am I Eligible for BT Sport

You only need infinity for the HD service.  You can watch the SD service without Infinity.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 16

I'm in the same boat - Sports card, no Inifinity. Until Infinity arrives BT Sport will be provided on the Freeview channels currently occupied by Sky Sports and ESPN, which will be terminated. I'd also like to know how this is going to be implemented and guess we'll get notification from BT in due course. The obvious way would be just to let the current cards run and stop the charges, but we are talking BT here ...

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 16

In case you haven't already read it, see the second question at the bottom of this page.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43272/c/348,3994,3995

I notice on the web pages that if you look at the options for adding BT Sport to a new BT Broadband package it says it's only currently available via Infinity (or satellite). As pottyperson said, this should change once Sky Sports have been replaced by BT Sport on the aerial feeds. Should all be in place by Aug 1st ?

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

@umpire wrote:

In case you haven't already read it, see the second question at the bottom of this page.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43272/c/348,3994,3995

I notice on the web pages that if you look at the options for adding BT Sport to a new BT Broadband package it says it's only currently available via Infinity (or satellite). As pottyperson said, this should change once Sky Sports have been replaced by BT Sport on the aerial feeds. Should all be in place by Aug 1st ?

Apologies for the late reply - I've been away. So from the link you sent me, I understand now that I'll be able to watch BT Sport channels through the television and ESPN on the BT Sport app or on BTsport.com. 

But I'm confused about what you say about Sky Sports being replaced by BT Sport. Is Sky Sports being replaced all together and will no longer be available on BT Vision? If so, will I no longer have to pay the £20 per month for that service? I'm not too bothered about this news by the way. I'm more interested in ESPN's larger variety of football, MMA and US sports than I am about the constant cricket and rugby union that's on Sky.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 16

Yes BT Sports will be occupying the current Sky Sports Freeview DTT slots from Aug 1st, not sure if ESPN is moving off of Chan 34 but I believe it maybe online only?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 16

You will lose Sky Sports sometime in the second half of June and will be £20 a month better off. Previous form suggests you might have to remind BT about that so check your next bill carefully!

@umpire  Thanks for the link to that new page, which I hadn't seen before. I haven't read it all yet but it contains overdue clarification for non-Infinity customers. Pity that ESPN seems not to be coming via channel 34, but at least I've seen confirmation elsewhere that streaming ESPN from a computer to a TV will not be blocked.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 16

@pottyperson wrote:

You will lose Sky Sports sometime in the second half of June and will be £20 a month better off. Previous form suggests you might have to remind BT about that so check your next bill carefully!

Will he get "Broadband Channels"?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 16

tellboy wrote:

Doubt it - not in an Infinity area.

--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 16

@pottyperson wrote:

@tellboy wrote:

Doubt it - not in an Infinity area.

But, LincolnHawk is not in an infinity area?

"Okay, so I am a BT customer with Vision, Broadband and phone. I'm also a Sky Sports subscriber through the viewing card. Not so long ago I contacted BT in order to subscribe to ESPN but was told that it wasn't available in my area (neither is BT Infinity)."

I'm getting confused!!!!!

0 Ratings