cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Am I being ripped off, paying £67 for all rounder bt infinity

Hello,

Ever since I started using BT many many months ago, I noticed that I was paying around doubble the orginal price they advertise it at.

I am currently paying £67 each month for the Unlimited Broadband and Calls with superfast BT Infinity broadband, and TV, with phone line rental, this seems way to high, even o2.co.uk offer l the above, maybe not with fiber optic, but is half the price......why am I paying so much? and I never did get 3 months free, I noticed charges from month 1......

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Am I being ripped off, paying £67 for all rounder bt infinity

@pucker22 wrote:

Hello,

Ever since I started using BT many many months ago, I noticed that I was paying around doubble the orginal price they advertise it at.

I am currently paying £67 each month for the Unlimited Broadband and Calls with superfast BT Infinity broadband, and TV, with phone line rental, this seems way to high, even o2.co.uk offer l the above, maybe not with fiber optic, but is half the price......why am I paying so much? and I never did get 3 months free, I noticed charges from month 1......

I didn't know o2 offered TV as part of there service.

If you are not already doing so, then when your contract is up you could save some money by having Line Rental Saver. ( paying up front).

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

That doesn't really help the fact that I'm paying more than they are advertising their packages as, I'm probably not even half way through my 18 month contract yet....

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Hi Pucker, I would look through the bill and see how much you are being charged for each item. £67 a month is a lot but then I don't know what package you have, if you have the sky sports package that BT bolt on to some packages that give Sky Sports 1 and 2 then obviously it will be a lot more than if you're just paying line rental each month.

Don't forget that prices advertised are often for the cheapest package, and may not be the package you are on. For example, I pay £18 a month for broadband option 2. I saw an advert for BT broadband at £13 a month, but that's Option 1, the cheapest package they do, and it doesn't apply to the package I'm on. So any cheap prices may not be the same package that you are taking out as they vary, for example broadband option 1 gives 10 gb allowance and option 2 gives 40 gb usage allowance, so costs more per month, even though it's still the same broadband connection.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Just put in any premium phone number eg 0844 or 0845 etc and you will be given either a free phone number or standard land line number to use instead of these rip of phone numbers.
Spread the word and stop these greedy Bas.....rds taking your money.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

0845 /0845 are not premium numbers also 0845 numbers are free on some BT call packages
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Not enough information to comment on this.

£26 for unlimited infinity broadband (if you had any 3 month discount/free it's only this item that would be removed).
£14.60 line rental
£12.50 unlimited vision
£4.90 unlimited landline calls.
Any other charges would be mobile calls, premium numbers, films, sky sports etc.

your figures will almost certainly be correct though and what you requested
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

The original post is a year old, and the post that revived it seems to be on the wrong thread.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings