Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Am I capped at 2mps?

Go to solution

This is more of a question than a complete complaint.

I'll explain breifly what happend before to get to this point I'm at now.

April last year when i first got bt i was getting download speeds of 0.45mbps in the evening and during the day it was hitting 3.7mbps which i was told was due to heavy traffic load on a hot vp....fair enough, but then the speed would sit at 0.45mbps all day and night which as you could imagine was horrible.

I made a thread on these forums explaining it all and a mod contacted me and sorted it out a few months ago.  I now get 1.9mbps day and night.

Now this is where I'm at at the moment I'm wondering why it seems to level out exactly at 1.9mbps every single time. It shoots straight up to it and sits there for the past 2 months. Never goes higher or lower. Now I'm happy that the net still works but I'm curious why I no longer ever reach the 3.7mbps speed during the day anymore, my line can support up to 3.9mbps so I'm curious if my IP profile is stuck or some other reason to cause this.

If you need any more details or stats I need to post I would be happy too. Thanks for reading!

*EDIT*

Speed test done at 00:16am.

Here's some stats.

DSL noise margin: 24.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream

DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 4608 Kbps downstream

BT Whole Sale Performance Test

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.94 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :4.61 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Am I capped at 2mps?

Go to solution

your download speed is controlled by your profile and as that is 2mb then your download speed will be below that hence 1.9mb   your correct profile should be 4mb and it should automatically correct itself given a stable conenction for 3/5 days - no resets or drops in connection

can you post the 2 lines of stats but with the day and time included

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, I've had this speed since around the end of October, the router isn't really reset often and last time was 6 days ago when i moved my bedroom around.

17:12:35, 05 Jun. ( 68.820000) DSL noise margin: 24.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
17:12:35, 05 Jun. ( 68.640000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 4608 Kbps downstream

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Can you run btspeedtester diagnostic test again and post results. If still at 2 mb will get mods to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here, once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.

Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help.

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone.

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Same results as always, Thanks for the replies.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.9 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :4.61 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

As you have posted a stable connection and mods will help I would try 1 reset to see if that corrects the profile with the fall back if it still at 2mb then mods will fix it anyway - just will save the 3/5 days wait on mods

Highlighted
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Hi DavidMc1984,

I'll be able to reset your line, which should see your profile increase. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Great, hopefully this sorts the problem!

Details sent.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Not sure if anything has been done yet but i'll just leave an update here anyway.

Ping has gone from 55ms to 130ms and now the speed has dropped to 1.5mbps.

The profile is still set to 2mbps.

This being Sunday I doubt anything was done today but thought I'd leave this update since this is the first sign of any change in my speed since October.

0 Ratings