cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coxby50
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 27

Re: Am I getting the best speed possible?

Go to solution

Hi DavidM. I'm not quite sure what's going on! I tried to drop you an email from the contact form linked in your profile and got a forum moderator who asked me a couple of basic questions but when I replied to her email got a responder from the server as 'unknown email' address as I guess you can't reply from moderator generated emails, so not sure how to answer her questions.

I suddenly then got an email to say an engineer was booked to visit my property but there was no date or time mentioned so I phoned the number in the email to ask when the visit was booked for and techincal support have no record of an engineer being requested!! So I don't really know what's happening and now slightly worried I'm going to get an engineer out who is going to perform the same tests as the previous two and tell me I have a good sync speed and all looks fine.

Deep breath!! Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
coxby50
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 27

Go to solution

Hi DavidM. I'm not quite sure what's going on! I tried to drop you an email from the contact form linked in your profile and got a forum moderator who asked me a couple of basic questions but when I replied to her email got a responder from the server as 'unknown email' address as I guess you can't reply from moderator generated emails, so not sure how to answer her questions.

I suddenly then got an email to say an engineer was booked to visit my property but there was no date or time mentioned so I phoned the number in the email to ask when the visit was booked for and techincal support have no record of an engineer being requested!! So I don't really know what's happening and now slightly worried I'm going to get an engineer out who is going to perform the same tests as the previous two and tell me I have a good sync speed and all looks fine.

Deep breath!! Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 27

Go to solution
hi try replying to this address forum.moderation.team@bt.com
0 Ratings
coxby50
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution

Hi John46, thank you for your help. After trying that address, I get the same response!

Hello,

We’ve received an email reply from you relating to the incident
reference number shown above, however the email address you sent it
from doesn’t match that of the original enquiry.

If you’re a BT customer and wish to reply to an email from us, please
use the email address you originally used. We’re sorry for this
inconvenience, but it’s necessary to protect your privacy.

Regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution
are you posting back using the original email address you used when you first registered with the forum or are you using a different one
0 Ratings
coxby50
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

Hi john46, yes I composed a new email addressed to forum.moderation.team@bt.com and got the same message back.

OK BT, you win - I give up. I cannot carry on with this and you are too big a corporation to deal with. Nobody I speak to can help over the phone and when you organise an engineer to visit you don't even give me a date/time and when I ring India you don't know about the engineer. On top of that I'm still having to pay you for a miserable service. I was better off with dial-up #verydissapointed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 88 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 200 Kbps-1 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :1.31 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 1 Mbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 27

Go to solution

You have to reply to the e-mail with the tracking number associated with it, and leave the subject and tracking number intact. Anything else will be rejected by the system.

0 Ratings