cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Empgamer
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Am I paying too much???

We signed up to our Broadband and Call plans at different times.  At the moment we are on Option 1 for Broadband at £15.99 per month and the Any Time Talk Plan at about £17.99 or something like that.  Either way we are paying about £45 pm in charges.

I've read in some places that people are getting the any time plans with their BroadBand for free??  I'm not sure if it's possible to check when our various contracts end for any of these packages but I am likely to hold out for a long time until they do now so we can get a better rate.

Maybe we are on the best already?????

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
NanoTm
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Am I paying too much???

if you check out the bt website offers you could upgrade to the top package for bb(option3) and anytime calls and possibly save money, it would mean resigining a new contract of 18months but there should be no cancellation charges as your upgrading your package and not leaving the company, some of the current price offers are i think actually cheaper for the top of the line stuff than your current cost's, and i know i pay less pm than you for having option 3 phone/bb packages with the anytime pack.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 12

you must have managed to strike some form of deal then as i'm on Option 3 for broadband and calls + call reject which costs over £50pm if I didn't get the reduction in the bill from BT for threatening to leave last year.

0 Ratings
NanoTm
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 12

no deals just repeat customer, last bill i payed the same for each half of the package, besides atm there offering the vision with option 3 and full option 3 talk plan for less than 45, and doesnt the call reject cost 7,99 a month? besides signing up to the free service is supposed to be better in terms of legaly blocking the nusance callers, that and 90% of people who ring me are withheld numbers which is the nature pabax/pstnSmiley Sad

indeed a quick check on the current offers page leads to this offer

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayCategory.do?categoryId=CON-CHOOSER-I#c...

which is a lot less than 45 a month.

0 Ratings
Empgamer
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Not sure I'm reading that right when you click the small print that comes up when you click on the 3 next to the 19.99 pm.

Seems to be that that is for 3 months and THEN you go to 24.99 BB + 11.54 line + 4.99 anytime calls = £41.52.

0 Ratings
Empgamer
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

My mistake.  Still think the 'Your Package Summary' is VERY confusing, bordering on misleading.  Makes it LOOK like your package will be £19.99 + £11.54 period for 18 months.  Not so. Unless I have read it wrong.

To me a more effective Package Summary would be:

1)  £19.99 + £11.54 = £31.53 for the first 3 months

THEN

2)  £27.99 + £11.54 = £39.53 thereafter.

Bit different.  Better than what we are on now I think but not as good a the so called 'Summary' (which covers only para 1) seems to indicate.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 12

yeh, but my contract is up in June and not sure if to renew after the total bodgeup with BT managing my account by stating I had to stay until Feb 2011 due to their bodgeup after rectifying the payments for my broadband as they were overcharging me, showing incorrect payments made on my account, their complaints department not actually reading the complaint I sent and decided to only reply to 1 comment which they replied incorrectly about.

They still say I should be paying a certain amount, yet take a different amount out of my account as they can't update their systems correctly. My broadband account never showed the correct package for nearly 2 years (haven't actually checked it recently to see if been updated)

Not only that I have SKY-HD as BT can't even supply a 2mb connection to my premises at the moment so there is no point in having the vision box, and why would anyone want it when it won't work if your broadband is down or you decide to leave BT.

I'm now awaiting to see who can offer me the best deal once our exchange is upgraded (hopefully end of march) and will move to them

0 Ratings
sw67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

I have just renewed

Option 3 broadband £15.49

Line rental £12.79

Anytime calls £3.99

total £32.27 inc homehub 2 and phone

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 12

that will be only for the first 3 months or have you managed to bag it for the full 12 months
0 Ratings
NanoTm
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

that should be the full price with the discount's if any applied over the whole period.

as for payment problems, i cant see why they would of taken so long to rectify, you just cancel the dd lodge a complaint with the banking ombusman and get back what you paid + any costs incured as a result not to mention they cover the actual payment.

takes about 4 weeks from start to finish on the complaint and the next one you set up is highly unlikley to suffer the same problems.

i agree there are often problems with the various parts of bt communicating with each other but pressure from external agencies often produces steller results, not least of which because they dont want the bad publicity or the fines for a forced result.

0 Ratings