Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anaffaloon
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Amazon video

Go to solution
Is it possible to get Amazon video using the BT box?
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Amazon video

Go to solution

No. YouView doesn't support this. If you have an internet TV then you might find it there.

NiaGriffiths
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Are the any plans in the near future to support Amazon Prime.  this seems to be a major shortfalling

0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

@NiaGriffiths wrote:

Are the any plans in the near future to support Amazon Prime.  this seems to be a major shortfalling

NO other UK pay TV provider offiers Amazon so how is its absence on BT's platform is "a major shortfalling" ? 

No-one here will what extra content will be added until its officially announced.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Who knows what the future may hold...

0 Ratings
DazzaS83
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

maybe not a failing on  BTTV but could be seent that way on Amazon.

Amazon are on some consoles such as Wii U so maybe it would be beneficial to strike a deal with BT and maybe Virgin. Netflix have managed it on these two platforms so surely Amazon not being on it could be resulting in potential lost sales.

Maybe when The Grand Tour gets closer to launch then there will be a big push across different platforms from Amazon. Just need to wait to Autumn I guess.

0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

@DazzaS83 wrote:

maybe not a failing on  BTTV but could be seent that way on Amazon.

Amazon are on some consoles such as Wii U so maybe it would be beneficial to strike a deal with BT and maybe Virgin. Netflix have managed it on these two platforms so surely Amazon not being on it could be resulting in potential lost sales.

Maybe when The Grand Tour gets closer to launch then there will be a big push across different platforms from Amazon. Just need to wait to Autumn I guess.

Amazon has a lucrative business selling its own devices to watch its content on, Netflix does not. Amazon therefore has far less reason to do a deal.

That's not to say it's never going to happen but no-one here is going to know. It's possible, I guess, that it's going to happen and is being trialled and some people somewhere do know but they'd be banned from saying anything anyway.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Some content from Amazon video is chargeable, so Amazon would need a payment method within the YouView platform, and some form of licencing check.

YouView does not have a web browser, so that may present a problem.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Keith, You mean like the Sky Store app on YouView is a payment method linked to a sky account for purchases...

Amazon are ramping up thier spend on content and have admitted they have blown the bank on 'Grand Tour'. They need more avenues to re-coup TV spend and therefore I would suggest...watch this space.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Well amazon did recruit Alex Green  to head up their European (including UK)  video. He was with BT TV for several years and was I believe (BT) director on Youview - so I would expect Amazon to have plenty of contacts and knowledge of Youview if they wanted to pursue being on the Youview platform.

0 Ratings