cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nivek2105
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Amazon voucher for signing up to BT Mobile

I have not received a £20 Amazon voucher for a 2GB BT mobile SIM order on 10th November, voucher claimed on 12th November. I appreciate that the mods have given a link to query the voucher issue on other threads but I have used this twice and had no response within the given timescales, so I am afraid it is a waste of time. I have also involved BT online chat and (offshore) customer servcies, who made promises which were not kept.

I don't understand why issuing a voucher is such a challenge to BT. I had a good expereince with singing up to broadband with BT and got my Sainsburys vouchers very quickly, but this is reminding me of why I left BT for Sky in the first place. The frustration is compounded by the fact no-one who can actually influence the outcome will discuss the issue with you.

Let's be clear, a voucher is not a gift, it is part of the financial package you sign up to, and failure to issue the voucher in the promised timeframe is a breach of your contract as a consumer. The next step is the advertising standards authority.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
PaddyB
Message 2 of 12

Re: Amazon voucher for signing up to BT Mobile

Hi nivek2105,

I am sorry to hear about the delay in receiving your Amazon voucher. I'll be able to chase this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
nivek2105
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Thanks PaddyB. I have contacted you and the reference is **Edited**

0 Ratings
nivek2105
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Oh well, apart from receiving a telling off for using a reference personal to me in my second post, I've heard nothing. Merry Christmas BT.

If anyone is considering moving to BT, their broadband and mobile servcies work just fine, but their communication is just as bad as it ever was. What a shame they let themselves down so badly.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

@nivek2105 wrote:

Oh well, apart from receiving a telling off for using a reference personal to me in my second post, I've heard nothing. Merry Christmas BT.

Certainly BT's general customer services too often come up short, but the moderators here usually deliver the goods. They are frequently very busy though, and normally take a few working days to deal with referrals.

You also need to take account of the date of your post, bearing in mind that the mods may have to liaise with BT colleagues who won't be around before next Tuesday.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
nivek2105
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

I am still waiting for this voucher. I have received numerous emails promising that I will receive the voucher, I even got phone calls every couple of days asking if it had arrived yet. It hasn't.

The lastest email I got even denied I was even eligible, because they confused this order with a second one made a month later. It's a pantomime. There is no excuse, it's just rotten customer service and when my contract is up, I'll move to a different supplier.

0 Ratings
nivek2105
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Re: Amazon £10 voucher not arrived

I can certainly agree that vouchers are an ongoing issue. I ordered mine on 12th November and I'm still waiting. I have raised this using online chat, telephone, on here and have half a dozen incident numbers, 20 emails and 10 phone calls, but still no voucher. Surely it would be more cost effective just to send it.

By the way, after recent phone calls which said 'It'll be here by Monday or Tuesday' etc, I finally got an email from someone called Emmett at BT Care saying 'If we don't hear from you by 28 January we'll assume the issue is now resolved and the case will be closed automatically.' I replied, but that took me back to square 1 (India).

Now they are denying I am eligible. They say I ordered the wrong plan (I didn't, they looked at the wrong order, I have 2),  the offer wasn't on at the time (it was and i can prove it) and that to claim the mobile voucher, you had to be a new Broadband customer. Where did they get that one from?

I should give up, I've wasted over 10 hours on this, but I won't. Next step Ombudsman Services: Communication after 8 weeks. Just 1 week to go.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 8 of 12

Hi nivek2105,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time getting the voucher sorted. I can see that it was Michelle that initially picked this up and passed the details to the vouchers team to arrange it. Emmet picked up in her absence. Your case is still open and I'll drop Michelle an email today and ask her to look into it further when she's back in the office.

Edit - I've moved these posts to your existing thread so we have all the details in the one place but you'll see I've linked back to the previous thread for reference. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
nivek2105
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Thank you DavidM.

The trouble is, I am now recieving emails from the BT vouchers team saying I am not eligible. They asked me for a VOL reference (can't quote it on here) and I gave it to them. But they ignored that and looked at a later mobile order I made with a different VOL reference and a smaller plan, which is not eligible for a voucher. I told them this, but got the same thing repeated by the same team member, Zeeshan. I just can't get them to understand. My order definitely is eligble, but if the vouchers team are using the wrong VOL reference, it will never get paid. Please could you share that with Michelle.

0 Ratings
nivek2105
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

I have now sent Zeeshan the correct details 3 times and every time I get a reply the same as the last one. This would try the patience of a saint.

Just for clarity, I ordered:

a 2GB SIM on 10th November which qualified for a £20 Amazon voucher

a 500MB SIM on 4th December which does not qualify.

Zeeshan can tell me a thousand times that I am not eligible for the SIM bought on 4th December, but that's does not make my November 10th claim invalid. Why doesn't he/she just read my emails?

Update, at last, I now have an answer which follows normal rational thought processes.

We apologise for the extended delay, this was caused by unforeseen circumstances within dispatch over the Christmas period. I can confirm your card was sent to the Post Office late last week (est.21/01/16) and should arrive within 10 -15 working days of that date. If you do not receive your card by 12.02.16 please respond I’ll ensure this is re-sent directly to dispatch.

Phew, but I'll believe it when I see it.

0 Ratings