cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monkeynuts1974
Beginner
Message 1 of 1

An absolute farce!!

The following is copied and pasted from an email from sent BT at the end of May to confrim that my newly purchased, all singing, all dancing, top of the range BT Inifinty was up and running:

"

You don't need to do anything

You'll be able to watch the BT Sport channels on your TV with your YouView box after they launch on 1 August. We'll be in touch to let you know when you can start watching BT Sport.

We're giving you the BT Sport HD Pack free for 12 months

We'll include HD in your BT Sport Pack for 12 months (starting from 1 August 2013) to thank you for being one of the first to get BT Sport.

This means you'll be able to watch the action in stunning high definition (as long as you've got the right kit - see below). If you want to keep watching BT Sport in HD after 12 months, you'll need to pay the standard monthly price (currently £3) for the BT Sport HD Pack.

Watch sports on the move with our free BT Sport App

As a BT broadband customer, you'll be able to download the app for free from 1 August and catch those big games or sporting highlights on your smartphone or tablet when you're out and about.

And watch BT Sport online, too

Don't worry if someone else is hogging the telly. From 1 August 2013, you'll also be able to watch BT Sport 1 and BT Sport 2 online at bt.com - and you won't pay a penny more.

Get ready to watch BT Sport on the app and online

To make sure you're ready to watch BT Sport on the app and online at btsport.com as soon as it's available, just follow the steps at bt.com/getready."

Problem No1 - The "You don't need to do anything" bit was a load of tosh. Tuned into CH507 on Thursday to watch the Bayern v City game. Your package had to be activated online (I know the game was on FREEVIEW but I wanted HD.)

Problem No2 - I couldn't activate online because, according to the message I was being given, I didn't have a BT Infinty package!

Problem No3 - Getting through on the phone to query this problem was horrific. After many attempts and lossed hours,  I got through late Saturday afternoon and the problem was fixed and I successfully registered.

Problem No4 - I switch my YouView on box to finally watch BT Sport and all the extra internet channels disappeared and as of tonight they still haven't returned despite my best efforts.

Problem No5 - The Online is a waste of space, Silverlight works perfectly on my PC but press play on BT Sport "error code 6030"

Sorry to bore you all with such a long winded moan but this launch has been the mother of all £$%* ups. Tomorrow will mostly be spent compiling a case to have my contract cancelled with full refund. BT Sport was the main reason for purchasing Infinity. 5 days in and I've been unable to watch a single minute of it - not good enough I'm afraid!

0 Ratings