Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jackiow
Beginner
Message 11 of 27

Re: Android mobile preference to BT FON instead of Home HUb

Go to solution
It's only just started happening at Home, before it was in the Garden so I thought it was arange issue, but now it's all the time. |fed up with having to keep changing it. Then it just defaults to wifon again willy nilly.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 27

Go to solution

On the latest app that is on my phone, where you have it shown as "Auto log in" my app shows Automatically connect etc .....

0 Ratings
Jackiow
Beginner
Message 13 of 27

Go to solution

I uninstalled and re downloaded the App again an hour ago so I assume mine is the latest offering.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 27

Go to solution

@Jackiow wrote:
It's only just started happening at Home, before it was in the Garden so I thought it was arange issue, but now it's all the time. |fed up with having to keep changing it. Then it just defaults to wifon again willy nilly.

If you go to the wireless settings and "forget" the BTWifi Fon connection it might stop that from happening. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 27

Go to solution

The app version I have is 7.0.06 config version 3.5

0 Ratings
Jackiow
Beginner
Message 16 of 27

Go to solution
Mine is 7.0.06 version 6.0
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 27

Go to solution

I have had the BTWifi app installed for years so I guess the Config Version does not get changed when there is an update which would explain the difference between the two menus.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 27

Go to solution

Google have made some changes which affect logging on to BT WiFi and BT put up a message explaining this when I last opened the app (config version 3.5). I can't remember the details but it meant that you now have to disable auto login if you don't want a permanent notification showing. The changes also seem to have led to the removal of the option to give preference to your home wifi.

I think you'll have to disable auto login and forget all saved BT Wifi networks.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 27

Go to solution

@Jackiow wrote:
Mine is 7.0.06 version 6.0

I checked my other Android device and it is the same as your one but it has the same options as on my other device.

0 Ratings
Jackiow
Beginner
Message 20 of 27

Go to solution

I have disabled Auto log on as the Flag stays on the screen otherwise. I've also "forgot" wifon etc  and its seems to have worked so far. I just realised that I changed my phone a few months back and when the BT app was reinstated it was the latest version. Thanks for the help Guru.

0 Ratings