cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mels
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Android smartphone connection to fibre wifi at home issues

Hi,  I don't seem to have a problem connecting my laptop, kindle fire etc to my new fibre BT wifi at home (BT HUb 5)but when i try and connect my android smartphone it finds the hub no problem says its authenticating etc and connects for about 2 seconds then starts all over again - eventually it sometimes comes up to say the wifi connection is unstable.  lastnight I got a connection to stay on by first putting airplane mode on then connecting wifi and then disabling airplane mode but as soon as I disconnected wifi and tried to go back in the problem reoccurred.  I've also tried resetting the modem(turning off and back on, restarting), the WPS push button connection etc all giving same issue.  Anyone any ideas why the phone won't connect when everything else will including the sky TV???

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Android smartphone connection to fibre wifi at home issues

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have any anti virus software on the phone? If yes try uninstalling it............
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Make sure you have turned off "Smart set Up" on the Homehub. see lnk how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings
mels
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

No neither solution working - still keeps trying to connect and gets there for a few seconds but then connection ends and everything starts again.  Not sure about whats happenign with this unless the connection is just unstable....

0 Ratings
het_uk
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Which version of Android are you running?

0 Ratings