cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
solman247
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Annoyance.

Does anyone else not find it rather annoying that places where Virgin Fibre is installed. BT infinity will be getting installed.. Whats the actual point? Surely it would be more advantageous for BT to install fibre to places where Virgin have no reach. 

It may not work like this but it's not fair how Virgin customers have the choice! Haha 😄

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
flyerguy
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Annoyance.

Same thing has happened where I live. We are scheduled to get Infinity soon(ish) but other parts of Hardwicke have already had Infinity enabled and they have had access to Virgin cable for ages. Gotta laugh I suppose.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

They're competitors at the end of the day. BT will lay cabinets regardless of other providers being there.

I guess you could argue, why would o2 put a mast in an area that Orange already covers?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
flyerguy
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

True but it would make more comercial sense to install/enable an area where they would be the only provider as the uptake would be much higher than an area which already has high speed internet ie Virgin. Just common sense really.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

When people realise how much better BT's FTTC is, in terms of a lot less congestion and considerably more consistent ping times, it won't be long before they come flocking though 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings