Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TomC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Annoyed - Putting it Mildly

Hi

First time poster here

On Sunday I contacted BT, on behalf of my 80 year mother, to put her on the Anytime Call Package and change the name of the account holder to her name as the present account holder, my father is in hospital long term.  

Anyway went though all the procedure with a nice lady who explained that the account name could not be changed but a new account could be set up. Anyway went through all the procedure and got an order number at the end. It was to be the same phone number and bank account details. Note I was put down as a 3rd party contact.

On Monday my mother received a call from BT - I think it was India - but she could not understand what was being said or explained to her.

I spoke to the UK call centre on Tuesday night who told me that the order had been cancelled but would sort it out and phone back - no call back,

I spoke to BT this morning and explained it all again and was put through to the service department who informed me that the account holder - my father who is in hospital, would not agree to the transfer, or words to that effect.

I am pretty annoyed that I now have to go through the whole procedure again - can the name of the account holder not just be changed without having to set up a new account etc? My faith  in BT has been dented by this experience

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 3

Re: Annoyed - Putting it Mildly

Hi TomC,

Welcome to the forum.  I am very sorry to hear of the poor experience you have had with BT.  I can help sort this out for you.

Please drop me an email via the 'Contact Us' link in my profile. (click on my name and you will find the link under the "about me" section). Include your parents BT account details and the link to this thread.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
TomC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Annoyed - Putting it Mildly

Contact Form filled out - FAO SeanD

0 Ratings