cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobbieMac
Message 11 of 34

Re: Annoying Internet issues for over Five days.

Go to solution

Hi @Touhoumusic

Thanks for posting back and for connecting to the test socket.

Can you post your Hub stats again whilst connected to the test socket so that the guys on here can compare the two?

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Touhoumusic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 34

Go to solution

Hey @RobbieMac no problem at all, here is the test socket router stats.

Product name:
BT Hub 6A
Firmware version:
SG4B1000B316
Firmware updated:
27-Sep-2017
Board version:
Gui version:
DSL uptime:
0 Days, 0 Hours 13 Minutes 27 Seconds
Data rate:
4.29 Mbps / 15.00 Mbps
Maximum data rate:
18508 / 43869
Noise margin:
17.6 dB / 19.5 dB
Line attenuation:
17.4 dB
Signal attenuation:
VPI / VCI:
0/38
Modulation:
G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type:
Fast Path
Data sent / received:
10 MB Uploaded / 35 MB Downloaded
BT Wi-fi:
Active
2.4 GHz wireless network name:
BTHub6-SW7Q
2.4 GHz wireless channel:
Smart (Channel 11)
5 GHz wireless network name:
BTHub6-SW7Q
5 GHz wireless channel:
Smart (Channel 36)
Wireless security:
WPA2 (Recommended)
Wireless mode:
Mode 1
Firewall:
On
MAC address:
B8:D9:4D:24:8E:0D
Software variant:
-
Boot loader:

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 34

Go to solution
Banded profile, likely due to instability.

Ideally leave it in the test socket for a few days and see if the connection remains stable.

If it does, the issue is possibly with the internal wiring. The speed will be increased automatically if the line does remain stable.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Touhoumusic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 34

Go to solution

It's been in the normal socket for a couple of days and the speed always kept the same, as with those line settings, I'll keep it in the test socket and see what happens, but I think my inside wiring is okay ;o I do hear sounds when doing the silent call test with a cordless phone  so I'm not 100% sure if that is a line fault sound or just a cordless sound, I'll look around for another phone.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 34

Go to solution
The connection time is only 13 minutes.

If you’ve not reset the router you would appear to habe a connection which is still dropping, in which case you’ll need an engineer vist.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Touhoumusic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 34

Go to solution

That latest log is when I tested the speed with the test socket, the other two have been without the test socket, those other two logs don't say long uptimes because the router either resets within a time period of 8 hours, or the connection drops. :{ I had to move the router so I could connect it directly to the test socket.

We have been using an extension that was installed by a BT Engineer for over like 5 years, never had problems with it, only maybe 2mb loss of speed.

Thanks for the replys by the way. 🙂

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 17 of 34

Go to solution

Hi @Touhoumusic and thanks for posting.

The extension cabling can deteriorate over time so if there's an improvement at the test socket it would confirm the extension is whee the problem is. @Webby is spot on here. I would personally leave it in the test socket for a few days to check for any improvement.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Touhoumusic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 34

Go to solution

@DavidM This is just becoming a little confusing for me and its becoming harder for me to understand what the problem is in all honesty, it's problem after problem now.

The first problem we faced was that the Internet would keep connecting and disconnecting and when we phoned support we were told two things " Your contract has expired " and " Your router expires and stops working, so you need to renew your contract for a new Smart hub " so we wait 5-6 days for the Smart hub and the internet works and connects just fine.. it only started working magically once that smart hub was plugged in, now it's just this speed issue.

When we had issues with the Hub4 the internet would always work for 5mins after a restart, and when I ran a speedtest I was getting the same speeds as I am now, the only difference the smart hub is making is that the connection is now not dropping non-stop, after five minutes the hub4 would refuse to make a new connection after 5 mins.. It's just really strange that this happens after a " contract expire ", it's the second time we have been given this reason when are internet just completely stops working, and that last time was probably 18 months ago.

We had the phone up over the course of the 5 days to try and find out why the internet was not working with the new contract, and each time the support team would run a long line test and call us back, telling us that they could not find any problems. BT support made us pretty much re-order BT Infinity Option 2 over the phone before we could even get the smart hub send to us.

I have also noticed that there is a closed fault showing up on fault page, that mysteriously closed as soon as we were given the smart hub.

I'll keep the internet plugged into the test socket for a couple of days, but with how this has all went I really don't think it'll do anything. :{

Thanks for the replys!

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 34

Go to solution

One thing that is absolutely certain is that your contract expiring has absolutely nothing to do with your problems. All that it means is that you are on a rolling contract and any equipment is not replaced free of charge if faulty as it is deemed out of warranty with the expiration of the contract.

You have a fault somewhere that is causing the drop-outs and has resulted in your line being banded. If the drop-outs persist whilst connected to the test socket the fault lies in the Openreach network and not your internal wiring.

0 Ratings
Touhoumusic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 34

Go to solution

And that's what is confusing me, because support was first telling us that the internet cut out from an expired contract & the internet won't work because the router is out-of-date. I wish I knew about all this test socket stuff 5 days ago 😞 But at least its progressive steps to solving this 🙂 

0 Ratings