cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 34

Re: Annoying Internet issues for over Five days.

Go to solution

The 'help desk' have extreme difficulty in distinguishing their a*** from their elbow and tell customers all sorts of rubbish at times unfortunately.

DavidM
Message 22 of 34

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

One thing that is absolutely certain is that your contract expiring has absolutely nothing to do with your problems. All that it means is that you are on a rolling contract and any equipment is not replaced free of charge if faulty as it is deemed out of warranty with the expiration of the contract.

You have a fault somewhere that is causing the drop-outs and has resulted in your line being banded. If the drop-outs persist whilst connected to the test socket the fault lies in the Openreach network and not your internal wiring.

Again, spot on from @licquorice

@Touhoumusic your best bet is to connect to the test socket to rule out any internal wiring issues. If the connection still drops etc when in the test socket then there's a network fault that will require an engineer visit.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Touhoumusic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 34

Go to solution
DSL network uptime is sitting at about 20 hours on the test socket with no sign of any changes in speed and line settings. When i look at my cabnet and what speeds i can get i noticed that the speeds matched those of a line that is not clean. The cabnet website says that i can get 68mb DL if the line is clean. And 53 if the line is not clean. 53 is what i have been getting ever since i joined. Should i not be seeing even little improvements with 20 hours network uptime? 😮
0 Ratings
Touhoumusic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 34

Go to solution
Still getting 13mb download btw
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 34

Go to solution

Unfortunately not, think days/weeks rather than hours for DLM to release a banded profile.

Touhoumusic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 34

Go to solution
Okay thank you for all the help ^^ If this does fix the issue and even gives me a clean line could i just keep everything in the test socket and leave it at that
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 34

Go to solution

Absolutely, if it is covenient for you.

0 Ratings
Touhoumusic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 34

Go to solution
My speed has just went down to a very slow 9mb on the test socket. Should i just go ahead and ask for an engineer? The DLM is very upset with something if its taken me from 15mb to 9mb ;(
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 34

Go to solution

Yes, if its getting worse rather than improving you need an engineer visit.

0 Ratings
Touhoumusic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 34

Go to solution

Just a quick update on what is going on 🙂

Got an Engineer out, he had to do a line reset and he also changed the filters, the current speeds I am getting at the moment is worse / bettter depending on how you look at it, atm I'm only getting 43 download when I was getting 53 before, but I'm getting upload speeds of 16, something I have never had before, it was always 10 and under. At the moment the ping is also quite high at 32ms.

He told me that I should wait 9 days for the DLM to do its thing, and if I don't see improvements they may need to do some brand new cabling on the telephone line for the whole street as they're very old and a couple of blocks down from me they had cable replacements.

My line has been quoted at being able to get 68mb download but he told me that where the cabnet is I would lose just under 15% speed so I shouldn't expect 68mb, but I should expect something in the 50s, aka 53mb.

After 9 days, and I don't see my download speed reach what it was before + my ping stays at 35ms should I bring this up with support again to get the street fitted with new copper? 😛

0 Ratings