cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Annoying message saying my Broadband is not open when it is.

Capture.PNG

When I switch my computer on this thing above opens onto my desktop.  It obviously discovered that my Broadband has not opened but did not have the sense to realise that a few moments later it had.  How do I block this because its annoying?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Annoying message saying my Broadband is not open when it is.

Do you leave the home hub powered up all the time?

Is it plugged directly into the mains, or is it plugged into one of those power saving sockets that is disconnecting the mains to the home hub, when the computer is turned off?

For maximum speed and stability, the home hub should always be left powered up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Do you leave the home hub powered up all the time? Yes.

Is it plugged directly into the mains, or is it plugged into one of those power saving sockets that is disconnecting the mains to the home hub, when the computer is turned off? It is plugged into the mains.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Is the light on the home hub showing red when that happens, or is it just the message indicating that it it is?

Which home hub do yo have?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Login to Your Email Faster

Is the light on the home hub showing red when that happens, or is it just the message indicating that it it is?

My procedure for switching on my Broadband is as follows.

I swith the computer on when I get up and then go for my breakfast.  I return when I finish breakfast and find that message on my screen even though the blue light on my Home Hub shows that Broadband is operative so I switch the notice of.

Which home hub do yo have?  The description on the back of the Home  shows, BT Hub5

I just want to return the computer to what used to happen which was simply an open desktop showing.

0 Ratings