Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wufer
Message 1 of 4

Anonymous call rejection or Choose to Refuse service

Go to solution

Hello, first post.

If you want to stop unwanted calls, such as telesales and double glassing and the like, which is best~Anonymous call rejection  or  Choose to Refuse service. I know thay both cost money but im unsure which to go for.

Thank you.

wufer

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Anonymous call rejection or Choose to Refuse service

Go to solution
If wish to refuse sales calls then you find the TPS service useful, either register direct or you can use BT Privacy at Home, which includes tps and caller display.

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8098/kw/bt%20privacy%20at%20home/c/345,351,364

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
0 Ratings
bfg
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Wufer I think Syops has answered your question, neither.

But there are advantages to the two systems and it depends on your problem to which is best:

Choose to refuse will allow you block a list of numbers (ten i think) so if you have multiple calls from a small amount of callers who release their number then this is for you.

Anonymous call rejection will block all callers who witheld their number, so if you get random calls from UK telemarketers this might be better, but there is an issue with both.....

Both will only affect calls where the BT Netwrolk recognises the number or CLI (or withheld number), unfortunatly different countries have different techniolgies and as such if your telemarketing calls are from abroad there is a chance that the BT netwrok will not recognise the number or lack of it and either service will not have any affect (this is unfortunalty similar with the TPS, it is just a database of numbers that do not want telemarketing calls and is only as effective as the company is that calls you, if their country doesn't abide by the TPS data they will still call. i.e. outside of the uk)

Smiley Sad

Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4
Moved:

Go to solution
0 Ratings