cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wotuwant12
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Another BT new build install.

Hi. Is there any way to speed up the story that bt are now starting to spin? Another update from a rude, hard to understand person that was reading of a screen with no power of free thought. Openreach(bt) guy who was outside my property says he was there to correct the incorrectly installed wires. He left, then the phone call explaining nothing other than it will be another two weeks until the next update. 

Looks like I am now stuck in the bt-bs loop that so many others complain about.

No internet or phone service is not good when I care for two disabled people at the property and my son is about to take his first gcse today and has had very limited access to the online revision guides his school recomended.

Who is the best person to complain to, that will make a difference? I would cancel the non-service today if Virgin was available here and can not use another isp because of the bt/openreach monoploly.

Sorry for the whinge, but I am hoping someone on here who has suffered the same #$%@ will be able to advise me on the best course of action.

Thanks for reading.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Another BT new build install.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
wotuwant12
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Keith, thats very kind.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 5

@wotuwant12 I'm really sorry about the delay getting your service connected as I appreciate how inconvenient it is to not have working Internet.

We can't promise that we'll be able to speed up the installation process but we'll be happy to chase up your order with Openreach and find out whats happening, please can you send over your details using the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
wotuwant12
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Just in case anyone stumbles upon this forum like i did via a serch engine. Waste of time. Eventually some one did contact me, about a week later. Emmit was the persons name. He was as useless as the call centre. Wait for the next update was his wonderful advice. Well Emmit, two updates later and I am still getting the same BS for you and your company. Shocking. He also added more BS by saying he would keep an eye on the case for me. Joker! So I still am none of the wiser as to what is going on. No openreach people about the area to install anylines or get any truth from. The next BT BS battle will be in a few days time when the first bill is due, which I will bet, there will be no "delay" removing that from my account, along with the "activation charge" for a non existant line. 

0 Ratings