cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marketman
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 19

Another Customer Let Down By Poor Customer Service

I recontracted Infinity 1 for 12 months with the promise that I would get upgraded to 52MB max speed, the completion date being 20th May (last Friday), nothing was happening on that day so I checked 'track my order' which stated my order was 'waiting fo information', puzzled by this I contacted BT Technical Help (India) and I was assured that the speed upgrade would occur at midnight of that day and to ignore the 'waiting for information' on my order.

Needless to say nothing happened - no speed increase and 'waiting for information' was still on my order.

So once again I called BT Technical Help (India), who kept me on the phone for some considerable time, but he assured me that my order would be completed within the next 48 hours and he would call me at 5pm on 30th (today) to make sure I was satisfied, needless to say again, no call has been made to me, my speed upgrade has not been made and my order still says 'waiting for information'. 

What do I do next?????????????????

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Another Customer Let Down By Poor Customer Service

Are you sure your line is capable of the increase?

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Then, if you have a Home Hub 5, please display the full connection statistics including noise margins, by following the instructions on this page.

Check your connection speed for the Home Hub 5

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

all you can do is wait for the order to close

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
Marketman
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 19

No I'm not sure line is ok, but both tech guys spent ages doing all sorts of checks and making internal phone calls, they never said it couln't be done, and as I said in my comments above, I was promised it would be done. My current speed is around 22.5MB/sec. On checker VDSL A is32.4/22.4 and VDSL B is 23.7/10.5
0 Ratings
Marketman
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 19

Well guess what, just had the phone call from the same tech guy (only 1 hour late) , I now have to wait another 72 to 86 hours, I am assured that this will then be resolved, along with another problem I'm having with Nat Geo HD (see my comments in YouView forum)..........so we'll see.....
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

if you have a hh5 can you go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and post the stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

with the speeds you have posted from the checker you will not achieve any faster speeds then you now have
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

You will only ever get the best speed that your line can support and going by what you have posted, that is 22Mbps. Even with a perfect line you are only estimated to get 32Mbps. 

As you are not even achieving the maximum speed for the "old" 38Mbps package so you will not see any improvement by re-contracting onto the 52Mbps package.

0 Ratings
Marketman
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 19

@gg30340 wrote:

You will only ever get the best speed that your line can support and going by what you have posted, that is 22Mbps. Even with a perfect line you are only estimated to get 32Mbps. 

As you are not even achieving the maximum speed for the "old" 38Mbps package so you will not see any improvement by re-contracting onto the 52Mbps package.

So what you are saying is that they persuaded me to take out a new contract under false pretenses, that is illegal isn't it?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

you probably have been upgraded to the new infinity 1 package of 55/10mb but due to your distance from the cabinet you will not see any benefit.  so I suppose you have been upgraded.  there is nothing that can be done to increase your speed apart from move nearer the cabinet or vice versa

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings