Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marketman
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: Another Customer Let Down By Poor Customer Service

@imjolly wrote:

you probably have been upgraded to the new infinity 1 package of 55/10mb but due to your distance from the cabinet you will not see any benefit.  so I suppose you have been upgraded.  there is nothing that can be done to increase your speed apart from move nearer the cabinet or vice versa

.............just put in an offer for the house down the road.......I've a feeling it is going to cost me more than BTs broadband!............just joking...........seriously thanks to everyone, I will update when the 86 hours has passed and I receive the call from tech team, I'm sure it will be interesting.

0 Ratings
stevebrass
Expert
Message 12 of 19

Did you have an email about the order, which should have stipulated a range of speeds and the contractual minimum.

I think you get a 14 day cooling off period as well.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

@Marketman wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

You will only ever get the best speed that your line can support and going by what you have posted, that is 22Mbps. Even with a perfect line you are only estimated to get 32Mbps. 

As you are not even achieving the maximum speed for the "old" 38Mbps package so you will not see any improvement by re-contracting onto the 52Mbps package.

So what you are saying is that they persuaded me to take out a new contract under false pretenses, that is illegal isn't it?

No. I am not saying that. You will have been upgraded but as I have already said, why did you think you would get better speeds if you can not get the maximum now? It is up to you to decide if it was worth re-contracting to get the upgrade. In this instance I would have said no it wasn't. Did they tell you that you would get improved speeds to what you are already getting? Did the quote a figure?

0 Ratings
Marketman
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 19

?

No. I am not saying that. You will have been upgraded but as I have already said, why did you think you would get better speeds if you can not get the maximum now? It is up to you to decide if it was worth re-contracting to get the upgrade. In this instance I would have said no it wasn't. Did they tell you that you would get improved speeds to what you are already getting? Did the quote a figure?

As I said I was persuaded to take out a new contract (the old one didn't finish until November) on the basis that I would get increased speed, AND some cosiderable time was taken by sales and tech guys to determine what was possible and no mention was made that my speed would not alter, I also said to these guys that I was expecting a speed increase and this was conirmed by them, I feel I have been deceived in order to hook me up for another 12 months.

The only good thing that will come out of recontracting is that I got a better deal money wise.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

so basically you have a new contract at the same speed and cheaper

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Marketman
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 19

@imjolly wrote:

so basically you have a new contract at the same speed and cheaper

Yes, but going back to what I said earlier, I am STILL being told that I will receive a speed increase, the tech guy in India called as I said a day or so ago to see if I had got THE increase (which I had not), he is going to call me in another couple of days to check it has been done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My order in 'track order' still says 'waiting for info'.

Yes I am very very happy I have got a cheaper deal, but that is not my point, I HAVE been deceived in the matter of speed.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

it would help if you posted the results from the dslchecker following links already provided and also post the stats from your hub - troubleshooting/helpdesk  that way you can see if you are likely to get any increase in speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 19

At the risk of repeating an earlier request, it would also be helpful if you posted any estimated speed range and guaranteed minimum speed from the order confirmation e-mail.
0 Ratings
Marketman
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 19

Well my heading 'Another Customer Let Down By Poor Customer Service' has become relevant again.

My order for my new agreed contract as I said before in 'track your order' has read 'awaiting information' for a couple of weeks, it now reads 'order cancelled' and just read my monthly bill , I have not got my agreed Infinity 1 price for 12 months that was agreed, it has stayed at the same price as before.

How can BT cancel something that was agreed?, not only did I not get the promised speeed increase but they have left me paying much more.

If I were to cancel my contract BT would make me pay, have I ground to ask for compensation?

Can a Mod look into this for me please, the Broadband deal was agreed with 'retentions' along with a new phone and TV contract. I don't want to spend hours on the phone sorting this out again.

Poor service, I am really thinking of leaving now.

0 Ratings