Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Another IP Profile Dropped

Hi

Seems to be a pattern emerging of people slowing down due to ip profile drops and im the same.

On infinity 2 i used to get the full speed ie 70+mbs down and 19 mbs up.

I have had a few restarts 2 weeks ago due to a power cut ... then i had some electrical work don in the house so power was on and off etc.

Then had a firmware updaye on my modem ( Asus-DSL AC68U ) which again needs restarts etc.

How ever my conection has been solid for nearly 14 days with very very low crc errors but im stuck with an ip profile of 49mbs and now Interleaved instead of FastPath.

I have read before it can take 10 days to settle and then should creep back up over the next few days / weeks but this doesnt seem to be happening.

My line is very quiet so no problems there.

I was told by BT India that my ip profile is low because im on wireless and should change my wireless channel and itll go back up to 70mbs again Cat Mad  How on earth does the channel im on cause my ip profile to drop???? Its not as if being on the wrong channel causes a router restart . They must think people are stupid and just tell you anything to get rid of you.

I use Insidder and can see the wireless networks around me and im the only one on 5Ghz band and the signal has no noise.

Even testing on a wired connection gives the same results.

Anyway how long do i have to wait to get my full speed service again instead of paying full price for whats now a slower service ??

I will add a screen shot of my router stats . 

Untitled7.png

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Another IP Profile Dropped

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

your profile is lower because your connection speed has fallen probably due to the resets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 19

@Proz wrote:

Anyway how long do i have to wait to get my full speed service again instead of paying full price for whats now a slower service ??

____________________________________________________________________________________________

it does look like it's due to all the resyncs. I had something similar around 5 weeks ago - a fault in the cabinet caused multiple failed resyncs over a 4 hour period and DLM applied interleaving the next day. US interleaving was removed after 15 days but I'm still waiting for DS interleaving to be removed 3 weeks later. Line is stable with only one or two Errored Seconds per hour.

I'm afraid it's just a waiting game...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Hi and thanks for the reply ...

heres the info you requested

Untitled4.jpg

Untitled4.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

did you make the changes suggested here https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Infinity-2-Dropping-Speed-Gone-from-70-Mb-s...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 19

I have the same settings EXCEPT     G.INP (G.998.4) > Enabled

Mines is set as Disabled ..... im scared to restart the modem .... it'll no doubt drop my speed even more .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

I think you would benefit from the change as you are on a Huawei cab with G.INP enabled.  I think Ray_Dorset suggested you use the hh5b which you have which is also ok with G.INP

read the large post about G.INP

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Ok thanks ... Ill change it now .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

How did you get on turning on G.INP? Have you changed any other DSL settings?

I have the same problems and my DS is currently interleaved.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

@scuderia92 wrote:

How did you get on turning on G.INP? Have you changed any other DSL settings?

I have the same problems and my DS is currently interleaved.  

as I said on your own thread you are on an ECI cab and G.INP is not test active on ECI

0 Ratings