cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeyosm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Another IP profile problem and disgruntled customer!

Right, I'll try to keep calm when posting this...

Since 27th March 2011 I have been plagued by 2Mb downstream speeds out of a possible 7.5Mb.

Before this date I had no issues and nothing has changed in terms of wiring, configuration or the like.

After running speedtest, my line is capable of 7-8Mb but my IP profile is at 2Mb. I have contacted BT on at least 4 occasions and each time they said my profile has been reset and I should wait 24/48hrs for the speed to improve.

Annoyingly, each time I wait, the end result is the same, 2Mb!

Not short of losing the will to live and moving my BB to another provider, I want this issue sorted. It is unacceptable that after more than a week and numerous promises, the issue is still outstanding.

I dont want to speak to 1st line support anymore, they are an insult to my intelligence. Someone from tech/engineering who is reading this that I can have a sensible technical conversation with, please contact me.

Here are my stats.

Speedtest:

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed

1952 Kbps

0 Kbps2000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
 Download speed achieved during the test was - 1952 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 800-2000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :7616 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 13.39:23.67:62.96 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed

310 Kbps

0 Kbps448 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 310 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 448 Kbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.

Homehub 2.0

Line stateConnected
Connection time3 days, 20:24:21
Downstream7,616 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps
ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)10.8 dB / 27.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)28.0 dB / 11.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)19.8 dBm / 11.8 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)5
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)15091 / 15
CRC Errors (Down/Up)72 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 4
Error Seconds (Local)35
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Another IP profile problem and disgruntled customer!

your connection looks fine and with 3+ days connected looks stable.  profiles reset automatically after 3/5 days connected so yours should reset shortly.  However sometimes the profile sticks and you need assistance to kick it into action so contact the mods by completing the form http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

they will get back to you within a few days as each request is deal with in order

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Hi this is a peer to peer forum in other words customers helping each other the only BT presence are the Forum moderators
could you first try the following test connect a corded phone to the test socket at the rear of the master socket and then dial 17070 and select option 2 any noise heard there should be reported to bt faults calling 151 and reporting a noisey phone line but do not mention broadband if there is any noise there once solved you broadband connection will improve within a few days also it is worth leaving your hub powered up 24/7 with no restarts for 3/5 days if the line is stable then your ip profile will return on its own when the exchange equipment see the line as stable. Changing isps will not help as they all use the same  copper pair betwen your home and the exchange 

0 Ratings
mikeyosm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

ok, I have done this and await the response.

thanks
0 Ratings
mikeyosm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Multiple line test have concluded no problems with the line. When I get a chance I'll test the noise on the line, but not convinced the issue is anything to do with this. thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

all mails to the mods are dealt with in turn and sometimes can take up to 72hours to get a reply but they have an excellent record of getting faults fixed
0 Ratings
mikeyosm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

I have not had any contact from anyone regarding this issue since Tuesday.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

just give them a bit more time they have had a lot of posts in the last week there seems a little backlog
0 Ratings
mikeyosm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

well, after more than 2 weeks the issue seems to be fixed, phew!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Hi glad all is solved the mods really do a great job just a matter of waiting for a reply
0 Ratings