cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manintheknow
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Another Outlook 365 and BT mail Wobble???

Has anyone noted that they cannopt received email using Outlook 365 after about 4pm today.  It happens quite regularly but not for a while.  Just want to know if it's my 3 PCs or a general issue.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Long_Sufferer
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Another Outlook 365 and BT mail Wobble???

Twice in the last 10 days. My other POP accounts/Office365 emails continue to work , it is only BT mail that stops, timing out when it tries to connect to the server.

BT support recommended removing the account in Outlook and replacing it.  DO NOT follow their recommendation (sorry for shouting).

Once you remove the account, you cannot re-install it (it continues to time out when you attempt to "add account" back onto outlook and therefore will not save the account data in outlook). (Particularly painful if you have converted to IMAP from POP)

At this point, BT check whether you can access your email on a browser, and then wash their hands of the issue.

Most unsatisfactory

Last week, after going away to cool down.  I came back a could of hours later, and the account re-installed in Outlook first (after the break) time. 

No explanation given by BT or Microsoft.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

@Long_Sufferer wrote:

Twice in the last 10 days. My other POP accounts/Office365 emails continue to work , it is only BT mail that stops, timing out when it tries to connect to the server.

BT support recommended removing the account in Outlook and replacing it.  DO NOT follow their recommendation (sorry for shouting).

Once you remove the account, you cannot re-install it (it continues to time out when you attempt to "add account" back onto outlook and therefore will not save the account data in outlook). (Particularly painful if you have converted to IMAP from POP)

At this point, BT check whether you can access your email on a browser, and then wash their hands of the issue.

Most unsatisfactory

Last week, after going away to cool down.  I came back a could of hours later, and the account re-installed in Outlook first (after the break) time. 

No explanation given by BT or Microsoft.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

The issue is BTinternet Mail - are you with BTYahoo or BTMail? When you login to webmail, if there's a Yahoo image, then it's BTYahoo.

Typically pop3 or imap fails for some people from time to time, which can last a few hours to a few days. Although without doubt this can be specific user issues, the vast majority of the time it's the BT servers.

As you've said, you should NEVER change any settings or believe what the helpdesk says. Removing the account will not help and usually you can't re-add until pop3/imap access has been restored - which happened to you as you've found out.

This has nothing to do with Microsoft.

0 Ratings
Van883
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

My Outlook and Thunderbird cannot connect with Yahoo IMAP servers to sync folders. My webmail works. This problem is intermittent and infuriating. The "offshore" helpdesk constantly say the problem is to do with Microsoft/Mozilla, but those based in the UK admit it is a BT problem. I just want it fixed.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

We have been wanting it fixed for years.

0 Ratings