cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Another User Stuck At IP Profile 2000 Kbps

Hi

I am a long time BT Broadband user, I have always used the top level option currently Opt 3.

Since my exchange was upgraded to 8MB I have enjoyed download speeds between 4 to 6 MB's, sometimes even 8MB for a few seconds.  However about 7 or 8 months ago the speed drastically reduced and now every time I download a file it is always 235 KB/sec +/- 1 KB.

Now I can't watch a Streamed Video without it pausing to update, and takes a long time to download a large game update.  Considering I am paying the maximum per month this is becoming a real pain.  I have carried out a BT speed check and the results are :-

Download speed achieved during the test was 1807 Kbps

Acceptable range speed is 480 - 2000 Kbps

Your DSL connection rate 8128 Kbps (Down-stream), 448 Kbps (Up-stream)

IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps

Because other members of my family sometimes found it difficult to connect using the BT Hub, I have always used a Belkin Router F5D7633-4 Av1 UK 1.00.009.  This Router gave me the 4 - 6 MB download speeds of the past, re-connecting the BT Home Hub makes no difference to the current slow speeds.

I notice others in the forum are having this problem and are being directed to contact the Moderators to get their system reset.  Unless there are any other options, I would like to do the same please and have my system reset.

Many thanks

Glen

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Another User Stuck At IP Profile 2000 Kbps

if you have 3+ days internet connection then you profile is probably stuck so contact the mods  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Will do, thanks

Glen
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Just a quick question, whats the difference between a stuck IP Profile (2000 Kbps in my case) and BT capping my broadband speed for going over my download limit ?

Glen

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

there is no broadband limit so there is no capping on option 3   on option 1 & 2 if you exceed your data limit then you get changed so no need to cap

stuck profile is an error and not done to restrict your download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings