cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delasoul
Beginner
Message 1 of 22

Another bt infinity engineer no show shock !

Hi it seems im one of many people who have sat around waiting for an engineer to turn up and install my kit ! I did at least get a phone call at 1030 am of the day of install saying that I wasn't going to happen and I would need to call to reschedule the appointment ! I'm self employed so lost half a days money to add insult to injury ! Also kids need the Internet to do their homework . Finally spoke with someone and was told the earliest they got do the new appointment was 17th Dec !!!!!!! Totally unacceptable as I use it for online banking , work and as I said before the kids need to use the Internet for homework . The women I spoke to told me that she would have to set up the appointment for that date and only after that she could try and get an earlier date ! She also promised to call me back before 8 pm which you will be shocked to know never happened either ! Seriously thinking of cancelling order and going else where. Any suggestions anyone ?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
richmc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 22

Re: Another bt infinity engineer no show shock !

I was lucky I got the infinity installed by creating merry hell and threatening to cancel. Then I did cancel my vision order and had three different openreach engineeres turn up for the cancelled apointment!

BT are a load of carp I will be going plusnet as soon as the contract expires.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 22

The way Openreach behave towards the ultimate consumer is regularly well short of the mark. Trouble is that most ISPs are in hock to them along with BT Retail, so changing provider is not necessarily going to solve the problems.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
delasoul
Beginner
Message 4 of 22

Well I'm going to call them again today and ask the **bleep** hell is going on! It's mainly the kids as their school homework ! Some of the maths etc are online test etc
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Hi delasoul and welcome,

Thanks for posting. I can take a look at this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
delasoul
Beginner
Message 6 of 22

Oh just to add that ee can install fibre optic Without the need for an engineer coming out
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 22

@delasoul wrote:
Oh just to add that ee can install fibre optic Without the need for an engineer coming out

No they can't, self-install isn't available until Dec 31st.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Sage
Message 8 of 22

@legitimise_sailing wrote:

@delasoul wrote:

No they can't, self-install isn't available until Dec 31st.

Then why are Sky offering self install already as well?

0 Ratings
delasoul
Beginner
Message 9 of 22

Was told that the new router which is out today is self install . Only going by what ee told me
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 10 of 22

You should ask Openreach, it's their decision to release it on Dec 31st.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings