Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Another debt recovery post...

Go to solution

This morning I received a letter headed debt recovery unit that states that I owe BT £XXX.XX. The letter goes on to threaten that extra fees will be incured by the debt collection agency and my credit rating will be damaged.

HISTORY:

the beginning of December 2013, I'm with Virgin media but want to change - sign up with BT - make payments in advance (12 months line rental etc) - Monday 16/12/13 arrange for an engineer to connect the service - he doesn't arrive - rearrange with BT for a second appointment Wednesday 18/12/13 fails to arrive again - contact BT to terminate the contract - received email informing me my account had been closed.

After months of rangling I eventually recovered all the payments/money that was owed to me but I was still receiving monthly bills for a service/contract that didn't exist. In order to disable BT collecting the money directly I put a stop on my account.

I've made call after call to them but all you get are lies and false promises. Even when you take a name and contact date it means nothing.

I even tried to invoke my data protection rights and made a request for them to remove all information/data pertaining to me as there wasn't a requirement for them to retain it.

I cannot believe that companies like BT are allowed to get away with what they do.

One day it'll be an elderly person with a heart condition and a nervous disposition receiving one of these letters.

So, if anybody can give me any further advice on closure of this matter I would very much appreciate it.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Another debt recovery post...

Go to solution

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to three working days for them to re-contact you.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi fumingcustomer,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for all the problems you're having.  You definitely shouldn't be receiving those letters as the service was never provided.  I'll help sort everything out from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.  Please include the link to this thread when you complete the form and whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

All the best,

Robbie

Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Hi, I will get some Mod help.

Stew

Seems some are more awake than me.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

That's debatable Stew! Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi RobbieMac

I'm saddened by the necessity to have to get in touch with you again. Just when(for about the sixth time) we thought this whole sordid business was behind us I've received yet ANOTHER threatening email. Where will this end?

My last message to you was to say that my wife had spoken to a person named Lauren. Lauren told us that she could see what had happened and we will get confirmation by post to you in the form of a bill with a zero balance. This could take up to 14 days - this was on 31-05-14. She also said to ignore any further letters.

So here we are (again) 16-06-14 still receiving demands for payment and being threatened for a non existent debt.

I REALLY hope you have the ability and the clout to resolve this matter mate because quite frankly I'm beginning to feel suisidal.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
I'll get some help.

Stew
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Fumingcustomer,

Robbie is out of the office at the moment. I can chase this with him again in the morning. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings