cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 19

Another disgusting interaction with BT - escalate a complaint?

does anyone know how i escalate an issue within BT, or to an external regulator?

this is quoted from an complaint that i have recently sent BT:

Never in my life have I been treated in such a despicable way, as I have been by by BT.

You will see from my account details that I made a complaint in September 2012 about my phone and internet. I was visited 3 times by BT and you even sent an incorrect engineer twice. Each time that the engineer came you admitted that it was the fault of BT.

I made about 20 hours of phone calls and each time it was more of a struggle to find someone who cared. The way I was spoken to was in a manner that the BT employee either didn't care or was trained to evade assisting their customers. Frankly, it was disgusting and to this day the fault persists.

In december 2012 we gave up with the problems as it became clear that you were incapable of helping, despite admitting that the problem was yours. The reason for giving up, rather than switching companies, was that we are moving abroad and we did not want to waste any more of our time on this issue. To this day the problem has not been sorted out and we cannot use the phone and the internet drops consistently.

I have just arrived home to find that YOU HAVE NOW CHARGED ME FOR THE INCOMPETENT ENGINEERS THAT YOU HAVE SENT OUT TO SORT OUR PROBLEM.

I am incredulous that you have done this and, what is more, you have never once told me that you would be charging me. For that reason I expect a full refund for this money that will be coming out of my account. WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT.

I know that I am not alone in having this type of experience with your company and I am disgusted.

UNQUOTE

if you reading this and deciding whether to use BT, i can suggest ask that you avoid this company. in my experience there are others that will offer an infinitely better experience. 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Another disgusting interaction with BT - escalate a complaint?

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 19

The sevice we get is getting worse ,doesnt anybody do any thing about all these complaints .come on mods do somthing post them up to the director of BT let him take action to right all the bad customer service .all us customers need to post all our concerns up to watchdog it seems as thats the only way to get action .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 19

Just a comment but that letter of complaint will be ignored and rightly so, since it is a rant.
Sensible, well reasoned and polite communications can and do achieve a great deal more.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 19

Why shouldnt he be mad he has every right

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 19

Not really and it gets you nowhere, equivalent of child's tantrum

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 19

Thats is exactly whats wrong with country people let firms like BT get away with murder ,it is not childish to get mad and complain ,its within everyone rights to do so and while people like you dont complain things get worse .if someone broke into your house do you give them a bar of choclate and a pat on the back .,NO so why should companys get away with theft and bad service .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 19

Oh believe me I have had lots and lots of problems with BT. It was frustrating. However I was patient and polite and it was always resolved. Throwing a tantrum, shouting, ranting etc is socially unacceptable and always has been. But I see now you are talking about theft in relation to BT this conversation is at a puerile level.

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 19

Loosing ones temper doesnt always mean being impolite raising ones voice should be enough .i had that much down time last year vision,phone and broadband it wasnt fit for purpose not one penny compensation was debited to me not one penny ,thats theft .its like going shopping paying for it and the check out girl putting it all back on the shelves .some people would praise bt if they gave them a bit of string and 2 coffe cups .not saying anything else on matter i will let watchdog speak for all us that have been ripped off .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 19

The only person who loses when you lose your temper is you.....
You should never have to raise your voice to anyone ...

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings