cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Another huge speed drop

I wonder if a mod could help but I was previously get a download speed of about 37mbps but for the past three days my speed has dropped to about 3mbps.

I've done the BT speedtest and they say my IP profile is 38055 kbps

Also done a test on Speedtest.net and my speed comes out at 3.22mbps while the upload is 8mbps. The modem and homehub has been rebooted a few times to see if that helps but no joy.

Help me please Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Another huge speed drop

Hi,

Were the speedtests done wired or wireless? Can you run a test at www.speedtester.bt.com connecting using an Ethernet cable and paste a screenshot of the results here please?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

Here is a screenshot of the result, which is done on a wired connection.

Cheers

BT.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Have you contacted the help desk?

On that test you'll see that it invites you to carry out an additional test. Have you done so? In order to do it you need to change he username in your home hub to speedtest@speedtest_domain then run the additional test.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Man Madthats just how mines gone.

Took me over ten phone calls to our hard of english speaking friends in india to get me a engineer out.

Should of been here 8am to 1pm and as just called asking who put yout infinity in was in a small van or a big van lol.

GOD IM NOT HOLDING MUCH HOPE WITH THIS GUY HE SOUNDS LIKE HES NOT GOT A CLUE WHATS GOING ON LOL

one thing  more he said at 1.15pm he would be here in 30 mins well now 2.10pm and still nothing

PLEASE PLEASE WHY DID I GO WITH BT AGAIN.Man Mad

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Webby, I've tried to change the username in the homehub set up but it wouldn't allow me to. Also, I've not contacted the helpdesk as of yet as I wanted to see if it improved over a few days, which it hasn't.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

What was the problem with changing it? Did you click the disconnect button first? If you do that it should allow you to change the username and click reconnect
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Webby, I've logged in with the other username, run the other test but at the end of it an error came up. I've now tried this a few times but with no joy. I might now leave it until the morning.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Right, finally managed to sort test 3 out and here is the results.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 3 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-38.72 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 38.72 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8.77Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

Your service was found to be performing poorly.
Please raise a fault with your service provider, stating that the BT Performance Tester tool indicates poor service throughput performance after the third test.

It looks like I'll be using the web form to contact someone regarding this Smiley Sad

0 Ratings