cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MonkeyJug
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 25

Another person trying to move from ADSL to ADSL2+...

Go to solution

Please help, for the last 4 years, I've had to endure the misery of a terrible ADSL connection - having moved from a property that had the original BT Infinity rollout.

My exchange has just been enabled for ADSL2+ and some of my neighbours and friends have already been upgraded, but not me!

I'm hoping someone here, PaddyB?, can see this thread and kickstart my upgrade...

Many thanks in advance...

MJ

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: Another person trying to move from ADSL to ADSL2+...

Go to solution

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

can you post your adsl stats from your router please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
MonkeyJug
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

Telephone Number XXXXXXXXXX on Exchange WHITELEY is served by Cabinet 55

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 4.5--3 to 7Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 4.5Up to 0.53 to 7Available
ADSL MaxUp to 3.5--2.5 to 6.5Available
Fixed Rate2----Available

Below that box, it states the following:

[b]This line does not have left in jumpers.There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 24-Jul-2015.[/b]

...but I haven't placed any orders.  Strange, does that mean I will be upgraded to ADSL2+ next Friday, 24th?  If so, then great!

Router Stats:

Model NameBiPAC 7800DXL
Host Namehome.gateway
System Up-Time0D 0H 29M 53S
Date/TimeSat Jul 18 10:53:16 2015
Software Version2.32d
LAN IPv4 Address192.168.2.1
LAN IPv6 Addressfe80::204:edff:fefe:be6f/64
MAC Address00:04:ed:fe:be:6f
DSL PHY and Driver VersionA2pD038f.d24h
Wireless Driver Version6.30.102.7.cpe4.12L08.4
WAN
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps)448
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps)8128
Default Gateway / IPv4 Addresspppoa0 (DSL) / 81.158.188.243
Connection Time00:29:19
Primary DNS Server8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS Server8.8.4.4
Default IPv6 Gateway / IPv6 Address
0 Ratings
MonkeyJug
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

I live closer to BOTH the cabinet and the exchange than my neighbour does, but when I put my neighbours phone number in, I get this:

Telephone Number XXXXXXXXXXX on Exchange WHITELEY is served by Cabinet 55

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 10--6 to 18Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 10Up to 16 to 18Available
ADSL MaxUp to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

don't know what the open order is as you would normally get notified before your line is upgraded.

you currently at getting max speed for adslmax - the checker is obviously under estimating your current speed

the mods will post a contact us link and see if they can help you get upgraded to adsl2/2+ 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

Seems like a bug... your router shows that the downstream rate is what I would expect when close to exchange (line attenuation being less than 35db), but the checker shows you are further away than that (eg 50db). Is your neighbour literally "right next" to your house?

If so, the speed wouldn't deterioriate so badly, unless your line was going in a much longer and roundabout route to the exchange (ADSL services are from premise to exchange building, rather than fttc which is from building to cabinet).

Regarding that open order line: you could always wait until the date it states, then post back if your speed improves at any point between now and the supposed order completion date.

DavidM
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

Hi guys,

I think SuperSajuuk is correct on this one. The best option would be to let the current order complete and then check what the connection is doing. We can’t place multiple orders on the same connection at any one time anyway so it’s a waiting game with this I’m afraid.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
MonkeyJug
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

I am less than 100 yards from the cabinet in a new-build (4 years old) development.  My friend is about 300 yards away in a 15-year old house.  I am about 700 yards from the exchange and my friend about 800 yards, as the crow flies - appreciate it doesn't work like this IRL though, but still, there shouldn't be that much of a difference in speeds, surely!?!?

0 Ratings
MonkeyJug
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution
@DavidM

What exactly does that mean though when it says "There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 24-Jul-2015."
0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

@MonkeyJug For ADSL services, the speed is determined from distance to the exchange. You would need to check each other's line attenuation figure, but generally you'll get 8Mbps speeds from a line attenuation of 40db or lower, with speed dropping as the attenuation increases above 40db.

There's no way of knowing what order Openreach is talking about. As suggested, you are better off just waiting until their supposed order completion date and see if anything happens (also checking the checker every couple of days to see if it's updated or gone) on that date or before hand.

As long as Openreach believes there is an open order for the line, the mods can't place a request to update you to ADSL2+.

0 Ratings