Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hudzoid
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Another speed question

Hi

I have been with bt for a few weeks and my speed its not rear my estimated speed of 50 mb.

BT support havnt been very helpful, told me it will improove over time.

Any help would be great.

2.png

1.png

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Another speed question

Are you connected to the master socket or an extension?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
hudzoid
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi

Im connected to the master socket, did try the test socket and having similar speeds

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Can you try the test socket again and repost your hub stats please?

If they don't change much then you need to raise a fault and request an engineer visit.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
hudzoid
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

3.png

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

You need an engineer visit.
0 Ratings
hudzoid
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Thanks, what I thought.
0 Ratings
Jayebmx
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

You have something called DLM which monitors the connection of the line, and will limit the speed on the line untill it becomes more stable.

Leave your hub for a week and see if the speeds increase (or in my case, if you have a old openreach modem, its white with openreach on the top with the 4 lights) then plug that in and use that (if you have another router as the HH6 5A doesnt support WAN) then maybe that might free the line and increase the speed as some users have reported problems with the HH6.

Let your line stabilise, and if the line remains the same, it might just be your line, or the port you are connected to, like Webby said, only a engineer will be able to tell you this.

Also make sure with BT what 'actual' infinity package you have been sold, as for lower lines i do know they still sell the 36mbps package (however this wouldnt make any sense or match up with the BT Wholesale checker)

Leave your router to sit for a week and then see how the stats are

-Jj.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

DLM is not the issue here. The max attainable rate is roughly half what the OP should be getting.

There is a fault which needs an engineer visit.
0 Ratings