Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MFGF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Another stuck profile :-)

Go to solution

Hi all,

My first post on here.  I have noticed a slowdown in my download speeds recently after moving my Home Hub. Previously it was linked to an internal extension upstairs and I was getting around 6 megabit download speeds quite consistently. I decided to move it downstairs and connect it to the master socket, and since then my speeds have been between 1.7 and 1.9 megabits.

I ran a speed test on 19th August and got these results:

Download speed achieved during the test was -1745 Kbps

For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps

I checked my internal extensions and there is no audible noise or crackling, but just in case I connected the home hub (via the adsl filter) to the test socket and rebooted the hub.  I expected the profile to improve from 2000 Kbps to something much closer to my connection speed, but four days later it is still stubbornly stuck at 2000 Kbps.

A speed test just now gives the following results:

Download speed achieved during the test was - 1928 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps

The stats from my home hub are as follows:

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time4 days, 8:07:58
Downstream8,128 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeFast
Noise margin (Down/Up)10.8 dB / 21.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)11.0 dB / 5.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)13.8 dBm / 11.9 dBm

I don't think the downstream noise margin is too high (but disappointingly above 6db) so I would expect better than a 2000 Kbps profile speed. 

Any thoughts on how I can get the profile reset?  I think it is stuck at the moment.

Many thanks,

Mark.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Another stuck profile :-)

Go to solution

your noise margin if ok as you have the max speed for adslmax - you have noise margin in hand which is good for when you get upgraded to 21CN

your profile is stuck so email the mods for help  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
MFGF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks!! I had seen the link to email the mods on other similar posts and cheekily emailed them about ten minutes ago (assuming that would be the advice this time too! 🙂 ) It's good to hear my noise margin is nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the quick reply - very much appreciated!!

MF.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

mods will take 2/3 days to reply to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
MFGF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I got an email from the mods (David) on Friday 26th to say that he had reset my profile. I ran a speed test immediately but was still getting around 1.7 Mbit download speeds, so I waited... Sure enough, my profile has now updated.  It's currently at 7150 Kbps and yesterday I was seeing download speeds of 5.9 Mbits.

This is a great result, and I am very impressed with the friendly service and great advice on here!

Many thanks,

MF.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Hi MFGF
Glad your connection is now up and running correctly. we are always glad to offer help at any time if you need any further help please post back
MFGF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thread marked as "Solved" and ratings deservedly and willingly given!! 🙂

Thanks again!!

Mark.

0 Ratings