cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Any APP available yet for watching BT Sport of SMART TV ?

Been a long while since I last checked, can watch BT sports on PC ... but obvious place to watch it is on SMARTTV ... have BT got around to prodcuing an app yet ? 

Like Demand4 ITVPlyaer etc.

It is frustrating having the BT sports channel in the channel list but not being able to access them, and as PC is in different part of house ... that is not an option.

I know I could use a phone but don't want to tie another device to the TV.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Any APP available yet for watching BT Sport of SMART TV ?

there is no smart tv app and with number of diferent manufacturers of smart tv it may be a while if at all

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

I use my Android tablet with HDMI connection for this sort of thing.  Not just BT Sport, but all online video services: iPlayer, Youtube, Netflix etc etc.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

This is such an obvious facility to provide I wonder why BT seem to be doing nothing about it.  If BBC, ITV and several others can do it without any apparent difficulty, why is it so hard for BT to do.  Is there any way of starting a poll or pressure group to establish just how many customers would like to have this facility.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

One problem is that many Smart TV sets would need their own version of the app to be developed and maintained which is a logistical nightmare.  Why is why BBC is dropping support for all but the standard HTML version of iPlayer.  If your  smart TV uses MHEG for iPlayer then you are out of luck.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

I don't see how it is a Logistical nightmare my SMART TV has Apps for many viewers .. BBC, ITV, 4oD, Ch5, Netflix,  BBC Sport, Amazon, BlinkBox, TED, GOLD, Youtube, Vimeo  etc.    These companies seem to keepo up to date with no isssues.

If BT Sports wish to be taken serioulsy then provision of a player would be an obvious direction ... it is frustrating when BT tell me I get this free as a customer but cannot view it on TV without buying seperate h/w.

The whole premise of SMART TV apps is that you can watch without seperate h/w

A year ago BT said it was planned.

0 Ratings