Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pip30
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Any Benefit to the Hub 5

Go to solution

Hi all

First time I have used the Community forum, so not sure if this will appear in the right place but here goes. 

I have just renewed my contract for Infinity 2 and would just like to ask IS THERE ANY BENEFIT IN GETTING A HUB 5 

(at mo working on Hub 4) I have had no problems with the hub 4 speed wise.

My main bug bear is with BT vision, it will just decide to reboot itself especially when you are searching on Demand but next week I will be getting the You View + box so not sure if changing to a Hub 5 is going to benefit me in any way or give me even more grief especially after reading some of the horror stories on here about the Hub 5.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Any Benefit to the Hub 5

Go to solution

As you have looked through this forum you will have seen the problems people are reporting with the HH5. You should of course keep in mind the people generally only post on a forum when the have a problem.

Personally I would keep your present set up or at least keep it as a fall back if you find that the HH5 is giving you problems. If you do get the HH5 you can retain the Openreach modem and connect through that in the same way that the HH4 does. This seems to stop some of the problems reported about the HH5.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I wouldn't be in any rush to change to the HH5. If money is involved, definitely not.

0 Ratings
TB
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Has the new wireless 5GHz 802.11ac > if you have the hardware/service that supports it? is an improvement! 

VDSL (4 Gigabit ports) & all that goes with that (no use to me personally!)

0 Ratings
pip30
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the replys, think I will keep things has they are, have had no problems since changing out to a youview box with the TV. so cannot see any major benefit at the moment.

0 Ratings