cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

Any idea when infinity will reach Rudry, Caerphilly?

Hi,

Infinity is in the area - but not yet at the closest cabinet - cabinet 57. There's a brand new shiny cabinet that has been recently placed right next to it - but it's not yet active. Anyone know when it will be switched over and in use?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Any idea when infinity will reach Rudry, Caerphilly?

Can you post back the results of this checker editing out your phone number

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
If it does not show a cabinet number it will be because you are on an Exchange Only line which will mean you can not get Infinity because you are not connected to a cabinet, instead you are connected directly to the exchange.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

only openreach will know when the cabinet is likely to go live  you will get an estimated date when you run the checker in john46 post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

I appreciate I can't get infinity right now - I was just wondering when it will be swiched on? Details below.

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number XXX on Exchange CAERPHILLY is served by Cabinet 57

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2.5--1.5 to 3.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 1--1 to 2.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate1----Available
Fixed Rate1----Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast------Available
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

there is nothing there about FTTC.  as I said only openreach have the information you are looking for  you may find when jac_95 reads your post he may be able to give you some further information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

BDUK Wales phase 13b (need to check what 13b means with BDUK Wales)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 7 of 8

Hi rugby32

Yes your cabinet 57 is getting a FTTC DSLAM cabinet (which enabled FTTC fibre broadband) via the Superfast Cymru programme. The new DSLAM cabinet (which will connect to the cab57) is likly to be installed opposite Ty Sarn and Bryn y wan in Rudry.

I can't see any roadworks in the area relating to the deployment of your FTTC DSLAM cabinet.

If you contact Superfast Cymru with your landline number, postcode and cabinet number (in your case Cab57 CAERPHILLY exchange) they should be able to tell you at what stage of depolyment your cabinet is at.

You can do this via twitter (though data is more open to public) https://twitter.com/superfastcymru or via email info@superfast-cymru.com

The Superfast Cymru programme completes on 31st March 2016, so the speed of work will probably speed up over the next months to try and get as much of the deployment completed.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

That's good info - thanks very much. I'll contact them and find out. Thanks again.

0 Ratings