cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polychronios
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Any ideas how this could be improved?

ADSL Line Status Connection Information Line state: Connected Connection time: 5 days, 00:38:29 Downstream: 12.34 Mbps Upstream: 443.9 Kbps   ADSL Settings VPI/VCI: 0/38 Type: PPPoA Modulation: G.992.5 Annex A Latency type: Fast Noise margin (Down/Up): 6.0 dB / 26.6 dB Line attenuation (Down/Up): 27.2 dB / 15.6 dB Output power (Down/Up): 20.4 dBm / 12.0 dBm FEC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 0 CRC Events (Down/Up): 54701 / 32 Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 HEC Events (Down/Up): 165970 / 7 Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 22289 / 0
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Any ideas how this could be improved?

are you connected to the test or master socket?  do you have other sockets apart from the master?

with your attenuation I would be expecting about 16/16.5mb connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Hi Welcome to the forums

Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://forumhelp.dyndns.org/speed/Speed.html

Can you also post the full results from BT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com

Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket  Test Socket.jpg

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
polychronios
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Tx guys for the quick replies. I am connected to the master socket (same results as test socket). There is one additional socket in the flat, which I have used in the past with equal results (I suspect there is no internal wiring issue). I used to have ~13 Mbps downstream, ~1 Mbps upstream. Also, a BT engineer has recently fixed a problem on the line (a loose broadband connection that caused loud noise on the phone and a poor interent connection - down to a ridiculous 0.3 Mbps downstream). No more noise on the phone, but - as you can see - I still have slow upload speeds and a high number of errors (with some interruptions in video streaming, for instance). 

BT Speedtest Results

Download speed achieved during the test was - 10.36 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 11.15 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.32Mbps
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

connecting to the test socket will eliminate any noise caused by your internal wiring.  have you removed the bellwire on terminal 3 as this can cause noise problems on your connection  see here 

bellwire removal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
polychronios
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

No bell wire connection in my sockets. Moreover, I used to have the good speeds mentioned above while having the router connected to the extension socket.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

the stats you posted look ok just with your attenuation I would have expected a faster connection speed

0 Ratings