cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Any way to find out of my cabinet will ever be Infinity enabled?

I've read the FAQ and entered my post code here  -http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ but all I get is a result which shows my exchange has been enabled, but no list of cabinets. I know some areas of my town can get Infinity, as I've seen the ads on the site of the cabinets, but sadly my road hasn't been upgraded.

Is there any way to find out if I'll be upgraded? Or if my area has somehow not made the cut and I'm destined to be stuck in the broadband slow lane forever. (in my case, Virgin useless Media)

According to this site - http://fttc-check.alc.im/ I'm on cabinet P50 which is 'not part of a phase', which I guess means no end in sight.... 😞

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Any way to find out of my cabinet will ever be Infinity enabled?

there are many places where the exchange has been upgraded but many cabinets on the exchange have not - I speak from experienceSmiley Sad

send email here with your phone number, exchange and cabinet number and you will get an email back, may take a week, but it will tell you if and when your cabinet will be upgraded  nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

not all cabinets will get upgraded

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Hopefully they'll get to me eventually, as it's been so long since I've had broadband that worked properly I've pretty much given up hope.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

I wouldn't believe what that nga.enquiries e-mail address says. I have e-mailed them twice and from the same e-mail address and had two different replies.

First told me my PCP was to far from an electircity supply. When I replied back asking how the two lamp posts within 15 feet of the PCP were powered they never got around the getting back to me.

I then asked again recently and was told that my PCP didn't have enough premises connected, which I know is exactly 400 hundred and soon to be about 430(ish) as they have just about finished building another phase of houses.

What I can't work out is why 400 is not enough for my PCP when I know several others have less than a third of what mine has.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

@Icarus wrote:

First told me my PCP was to far from an electircity supply. When I replied back asking how the two lamp posts within 15 feet of the PCP were powered they never got around the getting back to me.

Icarus, I work for a DNO which run the local electricity network but not necessary in your area but from experience I can say just because there are two street light columns near the cabinet doesn't mean that there is a nearby LV electricity main and you would be surprised how far cables can be run just to connect a street light and could very well be outside Openreaches budget.

But you also state this is a new build area and you might consider asking the developers if they are utility plans for the footpath where the PCP is to see if what Openreach state is actually correct.

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

The mains electricity cable does run along the path near the PCP. I know as there is only one road in/out of the estate and I have also seen the power company working up and down that side of the road on several occasions.

Either the nga.enquiries helpdesk know nothing, make up excuses for not doing it or its just an automated reply that randomly picks an excuse for not doing it.

0 Ratings